PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Setting the bar to high (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123408)

crownholder 06-03-2010 03:22 PM

Setting the bar to high

have we set the bar a little to high for this phone......so when tomorrow comes we will post every little defect or problem that goes wrong with it and how it doesnt run smooth or fast....Are we setting ourselves up for disappointment by setting the bar to high on this phone?

what are your thoughts?

TheLovatScout 06-03-2010 03:31 PM

Re: Setting the bar to high

I voted yes, but I kind of go back on my answer. I think we have been blessing this phone like a second coming of jesus but I think once the phone comes out there will two types of people. People who expect this phone to be absolutely perfect. And people who can accept some defects or problems and help resolve them.

Needless to say, this forum will likely be an utter mess for the fist week. Get ready...

dschoenike 06-03-2010 03:38 PM

im coming from a touch pro (which isnt horrible) but from all ive read, the Evo will be lots better.

crownholder 06-03-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLovatScout (Post 1789471)

Needless to say, this forum will likely be an utter mess for the fist week. Get ready...

I Know it prolly we be worst then the 10 fee....there are going to be short novels everywhere everyone will have their own reviews

Rager02 06-03-2010 03:43 PM

I haven't set the bar to high,i am expecting minor bugs as you can with any new product coming out.i just know at the end of the day the evo will be one heck of a device.

JeffKay 06-03-2010 03:45 PM

Yes, I think expectations are a little high, but I'm excited for tomorrow.

Quiksmage 06-03-2010 03:46 PM

People are going to complain like they do with every single device. There is no end all perfect device. Everything has its shortcomings. The problem with phones nowadays is the rate to which they become completely outdated by a large margin. I'm betting in 5 months we'll have those dual core processors to make us salivate over. The majority of us will live with the shortcomings of the device because even though it isn't perfect, it still is better or on par with anything else out there for now. Is there anything better set to come out on sprint anytime soon? For now, i'll be quite happy with whatever performance i get out of this device as it will definitely perform better than windows mobile and my touch pro 2. I just hate getting rid of my PERFECT hardware keyboard, the one thing the touch pro 2 got ENTIRELY correct.

dabackwoodboy 06-03-2010 03:48 PM

why shouldn't you expect perfection. i mean not to sound like a jerk but i feel that you should always expect perfection. its something that i stress to my employees i always expect the best when I'm putting my money into it. sorry but there's no way that I'll just settle its just not in my nature.

crownholder 06-03-2010 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dabackwoodboy (Post 1789509)
why shouldn't you expect perfection. i mean not to sound like a jerk but i feel that you should always expect perfection. its something that i stress to my employees i always expect the best when I'm putting my money into it. sorry but there's no way that I'll just settle its just not in my nature.

i mean you are right you should but all the specs advertised will not be dead on for every produciton unit, it will vary as you can see some are in love with the camera some report it as being poor.....

FastRX8 06-03-2010 03:53 PM

I voted "No".
I'm expecting a terrific screen, Android 2.1 (soon to be 2.2) and a quicker response than my current HTC Diamond. I don't plan on replacing my TV/Digital Camera/XBOX with this phone. I think I will be very happy when I get it :)