PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Can I possibly add an additional line to purchase the Evo...? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=122613)

TheLovatScout 05-26-2010 05:38 PM

Can I possibly add an additional line to purchase the Evo...?

I was talking to my sister, and she suggested this. I have the 1500min Simply Everything Plan. I'm the primary number and my contract is up in 2012, the second number is my gf and her one year of the 2 year contract is coming this December.

My sister said I should add an additional line and said it would only be $10 more a month. She then said that I would be able to buy the phone for the $199 since its like I'm bringing on a new contract. It would have to be the 2-year contract of course. Then switch the Evo to my Primary line, and put my TP2 on the 3rd line that isnt being used.

Pay for that line (extra $10 a month) until December when my girlfriends one year comes up and she gets a $75 instant savings. Cancel her line since it will be cheaper than terminating the newer lines, and switch her phone and transfer her number over to the 3rd line.

it sounds like a huge pain in the ass, but it sounds like the cheapest way to do it.

Does this even sound possible to you guys!? Feel free to call me an idiot if you think I'm going way too far to get the phone, lol.

WarChild 05-26-2010 05:44 PM

Re: Can I possibly add an additional line to purchase the Evo...?

you have to call sprint to see if your eligible for the other lin. No one here can tell you for sure. I have heard of other people doing the same.

CW

MordyT 05-26-2010 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLovatScout (Post 1775952)
I was talking to my sister, and she suggested this. I have the 1500min Simply Everything Plan. I'm the primary number and my contract is up in 2012, the second number is my gf and her one year of the 2 year contract is coming this December.

My sister said I should add an additional line and said it would only be $10 more a month. She then said that I would be able to buy the phone for the $199 since its like I'm bringing on a new contract. It would have to be the 2-year contract of course. Then switch the Evo to my Primary line, and put my TP2 on the 3rd line that isnt being used.

Pay for that line (extra $10 a month) until December when my girlfriends one year comes up and she gets a $75 instant savings. Cancel her line since it will be cheaper than terminating the newer lines, and switch her phone and transfer her number over to the 3rd line.

it sounds like a huge pain in the ass, but it sounds like the cheapest way to do it.

Does this even sound possible to you guys!? Feel free to call me an idiot if you think I'm going way too far to get the phone, lol.

Is all seems possible except one thing. Switch her to the new line. (thats doable). Then get her old number on that new line. When you cancel her line, I don't think it will let you keep her number. Only workaround MAYBE is to port it to like cricket, then port it back...

One thing to add, surprised no one brought this up.

EvO off contract for 350? How, new 2 year, cancel for 150, 199+150=350 instead of 450. Easy way to make money...

fr0st 05-26-2010 06:37 PM

To add another line to your account is 20$ a month more. I looked into it...

shellguy 05-26-2010 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLovatScout (Post 1775952)

Well ur about half right, but the 2nd line will be $20.00 not 10.00..

Shell

des090 05-26-2010 07:47 PM

i canceld 1 of my lines wich was 110.00 and getting the evo for 199.99 at the schak

TheLovatScout 05-26-2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by des090 (Post 1776168)
i canceld 1 of my lines wich was 110.00 and getting the evo for 199.99 at the schak

Now when everyone says they're buying it for "$199" is it actually $299 and then you get 100 back through the MIR?

And $20 is fine, I asked my cousin if he just wants to use the 3rd line and my TP2 if he pays the $10, or $20.

markus_del_marko 05-26-2010 10:36 PM

i had sprint call me 3 weeks ago to try to sell me a 3rd line. i was told i could even get the evo. i passed because of the $10 coolness charge and i have no need for 3 phones.

TheLovatScout 05-26-2010 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markus_del_marko (Post 1776432)
i had sprint call me 3 weeks ago to try to sell me a 3rd line. i was told i could even get the evo. i passed because of the $10 coolness charge and i have no need for 3 phones.

lmao what the hell! Why won't they call ME ask ask me that!? Suckaz.

dave01978 05-26-2010 10:38 PM

if you get it from sprint is 299-100mir, if you get it at rat shack, or best buy its 199 no mir. Thats why i ordered from the rat shack