PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Local Radio Shack has the "demo" EVO (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=122484)

MarcusInMD 05-25-2010 05:53 PM

Local Radio Shack has the "demo" EVO

It's heavy and large. The size did not surprise me as much as the weight. The phone does fall over if you touch the upper left hand corner with the kickstand in use.

They were wrong about the pre-order ending on may 22 and it's still going on until the 31st. Still on the fence here and think that walking in anywhere on the 4th I will be able to get grab one.

darren.wlsn1 05-25-2010 05:59 PM

Re: Local Radio Shack has the "demo" EVO

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcusInMD (Post 1773785)
It's heavy and large. The size did not surprise me as much as the weight. The phone does fall over if you touch the upper left hand corner with the kickstand in use.

They were wrong about the pre-order ending on may 22 and it's still going on until the 31st. Still on the fence here and think that walking in anywhere on the 4th I will be able to get grab one.

heavy? think you nutz on that one. compared to what?

MarcusInMD 05-25-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1773802)
heavy? think you nutz on that one. compared to what?

Certainly heavier than the HD2 demo unit they had. Keep in mind both were non-working units. It was also alot heavier feeling then my touch pro.

shellguy 05-25-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcusInMD (Post 1773832)
Certainly heavier than the HD2 demo unit they had. Keep in mind both were non-working units. It was also alot heavier feeling then my touch pro.

I would prefer to compare it to a tp2 not a TP, the TP was much smaller than the TP2 was.

Shell

fenixjn 05-25-2010 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcusInMD (Post 1773832)

The fake or working one?

Cicatrize 05-25-2010 06:24 PM

The demo units do have different weight distribution, though, although their total weight is correct.

MarcusInMD 05-25-2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cicatrize (Post 1773889)
The demo units do have different weight distribution, though, although their total weight is correct.

It felt the heaviest near the top of the device. Certainly not a device that you want to carry around in your hands for a long period of time.

Mswezey 05-25-2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcusInMD (Post 1773979)
It felt the heaviest near the top of the device. Certainly not a device that you want to carry around in your hands for a long period of time.

LOL, that made me laugh. It can't be that heavy... seriously if no one can hold a phone for a long period of time why have a smart phone and seriously can one be that lazy that a cell phone is actually considered heavy enough to cause fatigue ?

akayareal 05-25-2010 06:57 PM

I honestly dont think it will be heavier or feel that much different than the TP2. Of course it would feel that way coming from a TP. I felt that way the 1st time I held the TP2.

pirate 05-25-2010 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellguy (Post 1773840)
I would prefer to compare it to a tp2 not a TP, the TP was much smaller than the TP2 was.

Shell

Well... it's 5 grams heavier than the Touch Pro and 8.5 grams lighter than the Touch Pro 2. Not a very noticeable difference either way.