PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   general evo qquestion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=121640)

dumpringz 05-18-2010 09:30 PM

Wirelessly posted (Sprint TP2 6.5 stock: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

im looking forward to leaving the winmo world only bcuz the 2 winmo devices i had needed serious tweaking to make halfway likeable .. now that im likely gonna jump to the evo . . . if one wants to tweak the phone up a little besides the app market which im familair with(my girls g1) is there gonna be something an advanced user can post that i could dl & run ? im a little in the dark on the end of how far 1 can go. not that i ever wanted to learn as much as i did i just want an amazing device out of the box. aww my gurls gonna hate the evo LOL

MoonZ*BabysH 05-18-2010 09:34 PM

Re: general evo qquestion

You'll have to wait till they root the device in order to tweak like win mo

p-slim 05-18-2010 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dumpringz (Post 1761035)
Wirelessly posted (Sprint TP2 6.5 stock: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

im looking forward to leaving the winmo world only bcuz the 2 winmo devices i had needed serious tweaking to make halfway likeable .. now that im likely gonna jump to the evo . . . if one wants to tweak the phone up a little besides the app market which im familair with(my girls g1) is there gonna be something an advanced user can post that i could dl & run ? im a little in the dark on the end of how far 1 can go. not that i ever wanted to learn as much as i did i just want an amazing device out of the box. aww my gurls gonna hate the evo LOL

there will be custom roms and themes available just like with winmo. Your girls g1 could be running 2.1 instead of 1.6 with cyanogen mod if she wanted to. This is just an example of some customizations that are available.

dumpringz 05-18-2010 09:45 PM

she dont have the patience to learn anything other then the few apps she tinkers with & facebook lol .... once i am up & running with android & get alot more familiar with it then just tinkering ill see what i can do to maybe hook her up. i havent flashed custom roms for winmo never cared 2 i just want a reliable device & had winmo been that out of the box i likely wouldnt have ever needed to learn how to reg edit & such. i just like to alter the appearance now & again & not have the LAG like ive had since winmo

p-slim 05-18-2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dumpringz (Post 1761066)

she dont have the patience to learn anything other then the few apps she tinkers with & facebook lol .... once i am up & running with android & get alot more familiar with it then just tinkering ill see what i can do to maybe hook her up. i havent flashed custom roms for winmo never cared 2 i just want a reliable device & had winmo been that out of the box i likely wouldnt have ever needed to learn how to reg edit & such. i just like to alter the appearance now & again & not have the LAG like ive had since winmo

oh ok, the appearance options are there. You have full themes to change, custom wallpapers (live wallpapers as well with android 2.1), then of course like you said different widgets for your preference. I'm sure you will like.

dumpringz 05-18-2010 10:13 PM

im looking forward to the release & i hope text input is going to be ez with touch screen only keyboard.

WarChild 05-18-2010 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1761067)
oh ok, the appearance options are there. You have full themes to change, custom wallpapers (live wallpapers as well with android 2.1), then of course like you said different widgets for your preference. I'm sure you will like.

Im glad to hear this I was a little worried because I saw one thread that said it might not be rootable.

CW

klimb22 05-18-2010 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dumpringz (Post 1761113)

im looking forward to the release & i hope text input is going to be ez with touch screen only keyboard.

I'm hoping the voice-to-text technology works well.

dumpringz 05-18-2010 10:32 PM

im waiting on word from my sprint rep & will reach out to a sprint bigwig i know. if they cant do me anything on the phone im heading down to pre order. the screen protector(started looking at that thread) & deciding on a case if any id my next things to consider.

drksilenc 05-19-2010 09:23 AM

screen protector may not be needed because of the glass screen