PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G Themes/Mods (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=225)
-   -   Riptide9's Glass Icons Exstentions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139314)

cmdauria 02-13-2011 12:21 PM

Re: Riptide9's Glass Icons Exstentions

How do you apply these in the phone?

Goddbody 02-13-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmdauria (Post 2055520)
How do you apply these in the phone?

You will need an App called Folder Organizer (Free) from the Market. I will be posting a Tutorial on how too later today!

Goddbody 02-14-2011 03:20 AM

Just added Tutorial on how to Install the Glass Icons in the first post! Good Luck!

Still_Waters_43 02-23-2011 11:15 PM

Great job on this thread Goddbody! and I love those icons :-)

I have a question, I just noticed that the Messages and eMail icons don't update with the unread/new count!. Is there anyway to get that working with the new icons?.

I was surprised to see this issue as I would have thought that the updating of the count would be an application function and not an icon function.

Any ideas? comments?

Goddbody 02-24-2011 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still_Waters_43 (Post 2060547)
Great job on this thread Goddbody! and I love those icons :-)

I have a question, I just noticed that the Messages and eMail icons don't update with the unread/new count!. Is there anyway to get that working with the new icons?.

I was surprised to see this issue as I would have thought that the updating of the count would be an application function and not an icon function.

Any ideas? comments?

I noticed that a while back also, but I ignored it because it was no biggie to me. I will look into it and see what I can find out. I don't think i's an icon issue, rather something associate with Folder Organizer. Check the settings in the FO App and see what you can come up with there first.

Still_Waters_43 02-26-2011 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goddbody (Post 2060578)
I noticed that a while back also, but I ignored it because it was no biggie to me. I will look into it and see what I can find out. I don't think i's an icon issue, rather something associate with Folder Organizer. Check the settings in the FO App and see what you can come up with there first.

Couldn't find anything in Folder Organizer settings. However, I did find a Widget in the Market that gives the "Unread count" and it works like a charm for SMS :headbang:.

Can't find anythis for vMail or eMail though ](*,)

BTW have you installed the Glass Clock from Riptide's XDA thread? I ask because I keep getting install errors from Astro :scratch:

Goddbody 02-27-2011 01:53 AM

did you flash it from recovery?

Still_Waters_43 02-27-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goddbody (Post 2062049)
did you flash it from recovery?

Oh oh! I think I know where this is going :) do I have to be rooted to do this :scratch:? I have the standard OEM rom and I thought that I could install this from the APK on the SD card using Astro?

Goddbody 02-28-2011 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still_Waters_43 (Post 2062338)
Oh oh! I think I know where this is going :) do I have to be rooted to do this :scratch:? I have the standard OEM rom and I thought that I could install this from the APK on the SD card using Astro?

Well to install the Glass Clock Addon Mod you do have to be rooted.

Still_Waters_43 02-28-2011 04:53 PM

Thanks Goddbody, well I really love that clock so off I go to learn how to root :drunken: I had been putting this off but if I want to use all the bells and whistles I see in these forums (and I do:-) so I guess it's time to take the plunge =D>