PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G Themes/Mods (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=225)
-   -   Looking for themes for an "unrooted" Evo (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=129221)

cooltech59 07-20-2010 09:13 AM

Looking for themes for an "unrooted" Evo

Looking for help. I would like to find some nice themes and possible rom's that don't require you to "root" your Evo.

rainfreak 07-20-2010 11:09 AM

Re: Looking for themes for an "unrooted" Evo

It's not going to happen, you need to be rooted to flash a custom ROM. The same goes for themes, taskbars, mods, etc.

rydah805 07-20-2010 11:31 AM

yup. what rainfreak said......rooting isnt so bad. i wasnt for it, thinking i dont need it but its just better to be rooted. if your using windows, easiest way for full root (a better root method i think then unrevoked.....not dissing, just my opinion) is the 3 click root or if your ota updated the 4 click root.

if you dont like it, a simple flash back will un root. just back up any important info & apps. i carry a .zip with the stock rom on it just in case. there is also stock rooted roms which i use way more than custom ones.

WarChild 07-20-2010 11:49 AM

Moved

CW

cooltech59 07-20-2010 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rydah805 (Post 1875011)
yup. what rainfreak said......rooting isnt so bad. i wasnt for it, thinking i dont need it but its just better to be rooted. if your using windows, easiest way for full root (a better root method i think then unrevoked.....not dissing, just my opinion) is the 3 click root or if your ota updated the 4 click root.

if you dont like it, a simple flash back will un root. just back up any important info & apps. i carry a .zip with the stock rom on it just in case. there is also stock rooted roms which i use way more than custom ones.

I tried the 4 click and towards the end it said that it was older version than what I had so it never rooted.

rydah805 07-29-2010 01:03 PM

Inside of the 4 click root program click update. Then run. Your running ota Rom right? If not update and do so or then use 3 click method.

Sent From My HTC Evo Using Tapatalk Pro!

kevmo1965 07-29-2010 03:57 PM

If you really want themes but don't want to root, look up GDE in the marketplace. After that you can download GDE themes also from the marketplace.

Ryum 08-02-2010 02:49 PM

Is GDE like launcher pro and apps like that where you can not use the default widgets when you are using that app?

idaman 08-02-2010 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rydah805 (Post 1875011)

So where is the rom that unroots you.... i was under the impression you could never unroot

Sent from my EVO!

Ryum 08-02-2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idaman (Post 1894579)
So where is the rom that unroots you.... i was under the impression you could never unroot

Sent from my EVO!

curious about this, and my last question. One of the main reasons I stopped messing with rooting my phone is the finality there seemed to be in doing so, from what I read anyways.