PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G Themes/Mods (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=225)
-   -   Theme Creation Help! =/// (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=128976)

rydah805 07-17-2010 12:59 PM

Theme Creation Help! =///

I Downloaded A Theme From The Forum (EnamoRED) But Didn't Like Certain Parts Of It. I Am On A Mac. On My Evo Im Running The Latest Stock Rom W/ Full Root.

I Extracted The Signed Zip File Which Then Revealed Two Folders, "META-INF" & "system".

I The Navigated To "system" and that revealed two files also, "app" & "framework".

I Then Went Into "framework" which revealed two files "com.htc.resources.APK" & "framework-res.APK".

I Extracted Them And Within Those Two Folders Were Plenty In Each Of Them. I Went To "Res" In Each Of The Two Folders (com.htc.resources & framework-res) And Changed A Couple Of PNG's.

Now I Want To "Archive" The Two Folders In "System/Framework" Back To ".APK". Also I Don't Know If I Would Need To Resign Them.

After I Have Everything Ready I Can Zip It Up, But Im Not Sure If Ill Have To Resign The ".Zip"?

Thanks Guys.

WILL DONATE TO SOMEBODY WHO CAN REALLY HELP!!!!!

apristel 07-17-2010 03:01 PM

Re: Theme Creation Help! =///

You can just put them back in the original enamo zip and then you sign the enamo zip.

You don't have to resign each .apk within the original zip.

rydah805 07-17-2010 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apristel (Post 1870662)
You can just put them back in the original enamo zip and then you sign the enamo zip.

You don't have to resign each .apk within the original zip.

ok cool. sounds great but is there a way to zip a folder into an apk? or was i not supposed to extract an apk?

apristel 07-18-2010 05:49 AM

You don't zip a filder into an apk...

you can take an apk and change the extension from .apk to .zip to edit the files. Then after editing you can just change it back from .zip tp .apk then drop the apk back in the original enamo .zip and then sign the edited enamo .zip and then flash.

rydah805 07-18-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apristel (Post 1871720)
You don't zip a filder into an apk...

you can take an apk and change the extension from .apk to .zip to edit the files. Then after editing you can just change it back from .zip tp .apk then drop the apk back in the original enamo .zip and then sign the edited enamo .zip and then flash.

i had fig. out how to change the files out on a pc and sign them on my mac but this solution should work on my mac. will try rightnow. i flashed my modded theme and everythings perfect but some "red" parts look a little pinkish. so, this is where this method will come in for an all mac theme creation. will report back. if this works, do you have a donation button??? :-P

apristel 07-18-2010 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rydah805 (Post 1871883)
i had fig. out how to change the files out on a pc and sign them on my mac but this solution should work on my mac. will try rightnow. i flashed my modded theme and everythings perfect but some "red" parts look a little pinkish. so, this is where this method will come in for an all mac theme creation. will report back. if this works, do you have a donation button??? :-P

I hope it works for you.

No need to donate, but I do appreciate the offer. I'm here for fun.

rydah805 07-18-2010 05:50 PM

thanks! times a million.

rainfreak 07-20-2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apristel (Post 1872028)

That's a great attitude, bro, keep it up :)

rydah805 07-29-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apristel (Post 1872028)
I hope it works for you.

Thank you but it never worked. :(

Sent From My HTC Evo Using Tapatalk Pro!