PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G Themes/Mods (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=225)
-   -   notification bubbles are gone with any launcher other then sense (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125862)

blazin-asian 06-26-2010 11:57 AM

Re: notification bubbles are gone with any launcher other then sense

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger093 (Post 1838643)
Use the Handcent Widget

i was using Handcent for a while and it was a little annoying because when i got a sms/mms, both messages and handcent would say i have a new message. i would respond in handcent and would still have to clear the notification from the notification bar up top.

i know im picky lol

newone757 06-27-2010 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazin-asian (Post 1838835)
i was using Handcent for a while and it was a little annoying because when i got a sms/mms, both messages and handcent would say i have a new message. i would respond in handcent and would still have to clear the notification from the notification bar up top.

i know im picky lol

how about going into the defualt messaging app, opening up settings, and uncheckin notification.

problem solved

wbchristmas 07-09-2010 08:26 AM

Had the same problem until I had to reboot.... voila!

sanjsrik 07-10-2010 12:52 PM

I use launcherpro beta, not going back and yes, you''re right, no bubbles if not using sense.

rawdikrik 07-10-2010 02:12 PM

OK.... If you use the New Launcher Pro beta... It will give you notifications on missed calls and SMS. He is currently working on getting the email notification to work also, but this should fix all of your requests.

Ive used both launchers... and Lancher Pro just has been working better, and smoother for me. Its what Ive been running since day one.

sanjsrik 07-10-2010 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rawdikrik (Post 1859631)
OK.... If you use the New Launcher Pro beta... It will give you notifications on missed calls and SMS. He is currently working on getting the email notification to work also, but this should fix all of your requests.

Ive used both launchers... and Lancher Pro just has been working better, and smoother for me. Its what Ive been running since day one.

Nope, I don't think it's fixed yet. I use LauncherPro Beta and I have NO notifications:

--None for phone calls
--None for alarms
--None for missed calls
--None for email

Notifications do not work, hey may be working on them, but they don't work on the Evo.

<I'm using the latest build of LauncherPro Beta>

_sandman 07-12-2010 10:48 AM

THEN YOU HAVENT SET THEM UP RIGHT !! .. unless your trying to not use the dock and put the icon on the home screen only - that needs a widget

im on launcher pro latest and i have all the notifications on my dock - gmail- missed calls - sms/mms (no matter what sms app im using)

check the thread where everyone is posting their homescreen - mines in there showing this

sanjsrik 07-12-2010 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _sandman (Post 1861765)
THEN YOU HAVENT SET THEM UP RIGHT !! .. unless your trying to not use the dock and put the icon on the home screen only - that needs a widget

im on launcher pro latest and i have all the notifications on my dock - gmail- missed calls - sms/mms (no matter what sms app im using)

check the thread where everyone is posting their homescreen - mines in there showing this

Maybe that's the issue. I'm not using gmail, I use yahoo mail. I also use K-9 for mail.

Figured out what you meant though about using the default mail application in the dock. I set it up and unless you choose the default icon, you don't get any indication that you've got new messages.

I'll go back in and check the one for the voicemail as well.

Guess I may have been using it incorrectly.

_sandman 07-12-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjsrik (Post 1861838)
Maybe that's the issue. I'm not using gmail, I use yahoo mail. I also use K-9 for mail.

Figured out what you meant though about using the default mail application in the dock. I set it up and unless you choose the default icon, you don't get any indication that you've got new messages.

I'll go back in and check the one for the voicemail as well.

Guess I may have been using it incorrectly.

yea with that only email app - so far theres no support to change the icon on the dock

otherwise you can use folder organizer to change the one on the page

sanjsrik 07-12-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _sandman (Post 1861963)
yea with that only email app - so far theres no support to change the icon on the dock

otherwise you can use folder organizer to change the one on the page

Follow-up question, if I put the Voicemail application in the dock, will it show when I have unheard voicemails? That too seemed to have disappeared when I put the application/link on the screen itself.

Or, one better, is there a better voicemail application than the stock one? Not GoogleVoice, having trouble with it and all calls seem to go directly to voicemail and don't let me pick up, but wondering if there is something else?

Thank you for the help.