PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 01:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
JB update homescreen folder issues

I'm hoping someone here can help me with a little problem I'm having with my folders on the home screen. I've searched and can only find one mention of someone else having this issue. Are we the only ones??? Can't be!

I uploaded a pic to try an relay what's going on with my screen more accurately. Basically, after a reboot the folders on the home screen no longer function properly. If you tap on them nothing happens. As illustrated in the pic, if you tap an empty space anywhere above that folder in the same column on the screen, that folder will open up and you can access all apps and remove/add apps. This applies to folders on my homescreen and folders on the Sense dock. If I do some cache clearing and force stopping of HTC Sense, then the folders in the dock work normally again, but not the ones above on the home screen. If I long press the dock folders till the edit/remove screen pops up then they no longer work properly again. If I create new folders, they work perfectly... until I reboot, then the same thing happens to the new folder/s as well.

I've tried hard resetting and installing no apps and the same things happen after I reboot.

Phone info.
HTC EVO 4G LTE - Stock 3.16.651.3 rooted+s-off
Android 4.1.1
Sense 4+
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JB_folder_issue.jpg (435.4 KB, 23 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Sharkie405; 03-11-2013 at 03:48 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:52 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Re: JB update homescreen folder issues

Humm... how frustrating! Bump to get answers for you Sharkie!! Great to see you around BTW!

Old 03-12-2013, 03:41 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

odd issue.....have u tried reflashing the ROM?
Old 03-12-2013, 04:33 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Yeah, xxxx.16 and .3 numerous times, same result. Locked, unlocked, s-off, s-on, 3 different recoveries ... Nothing works.

Sent from my EVO on the PPCGeeks App
Old 03-13-2013, 01:56 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

So in update news...

I had been unable to flash any custom ROMs on my lte (I only realized tonight was because of the newest version of twrp-2.4.3.0). I had originally assumed it was because of my sd cards as I was getting sd card errors in the recovery. I had tried 3 different sd cards and none of them seemed to be able to flash a ROM. I gave in and bought myself a new 32gb card () and still had the same issue.

Like I said, I realized tonight that TeamWinRecoveryProject's (TWRP) recovery version 2.4.3.0 was the cause of my inability to flash ROMs. I downgraded to twrp 2.3.1.0 and so far have flashed 4 ROMs with no problem. Edit: I just realized there is a newer version - 2.4.4.0. I'll have to give that a try. Edit 2: Can't flash ROMs on 2.4.4.0 either.

Since I'm now able to flash custom ROMs, I'm on diestarbucks' stock ROM: (ROM)_Stock_Rooted_OTA_ODEX(3.16.651.3)V2.

What does all this have to do with anything you ask? Well, the afore mentioned issue is now gone. I've tried everything I can do to make it happen again and it won't! So yay!

The only problem is I'm not sure which of the 3 things did the trick: brand new sd card, different version of twrp or diestarbucks' ROM. If I ever figure it out, I'll post back. But for now, I'm just happy to be flashing again and happy to not have folder issues!!! I'm not in a hurry to bring it back.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 03-13-2013 at 02:31 AM.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:20 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

the latest TWRP requires (I believe) an newer update-binary, which alot of ROMs have not incorporated. I've made the required changes to my ROM & I'm using 2.4.4.0.

my guess is the problem u were having was ROM related (the one u were using b4)....I'm using diestarbucks as my base...

here's more info...

xda-developers - View Single Post - [RECOVERY][EVO4GLTE] TWRP 2.4.4.0 Touch Recovery! [2013-3-12]
Old 03-22-2013, 10:36 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

In continuing news, the problem still exists. When I thought it had gone away, I must have not tested it out enough. It happens on basically all ROMs, all JB ROMs anyway. Even on OMJ ROM. I can only assume it's something wrong with my phone somehow since no one else seems to be having the issue.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE