PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G LTE (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=420)
-   -   HTC EVO LTE Warranty on phone need help and advice (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=151371)

ballouw 12-09-2012 11:35 PM

HTC EVO LTE Warranty on phone need help and advice

I have a an HTC EVO LTE for 2 months under sprint and the speaker quit working. I took the phone in to local authorized sprint store for the warranty. They told me the speaker is bad and it is going to cost $35 dollars to fix it. I told them that it is under warranty. They said yesterday that is correct but they charge $35 to fix it. That doesn't make any sense to me as they are an authorized store and authorized repair center and they yes that is correct but still charge a fee. If I would have paid the $8 a month insurance for the phone they would fix it for free. They said I could contact manufacture on my own and they should fix it. I called HTC and they will fix but I have to send the phone in and be without one for two weeks while they fix it.

I heard that if the sprint store fixes the phone it voids the warranty with HTC. Does anyone have any insight on is or any advice.

Sonin66 12-10-2012 04:08 AM

Re: HTC EVO LTE Warranty on phone need help and advice

damn, yep if you paid the $8 up front, you could of taken it to the same store and they would have no choice but to fix it with no $35 charge. i believe paying the $11, if you lost your phone, you would also be covered if your phone is lost or stolen or water soaked but have to pay $150 or $200 deductible to have gotten a replacement phone. the only real options you have is either paying the $35 and getting it fixed within hours, or shipping your phone to HTC with the 2 week+ wait for free. you could also try doing the repair yourself if you feel like you could do it! sorry bub, those are the only few choices you have. if you have the money, the $35 fee sounds a little better than being without a phone

OMJ 12-10-2012 01:17 PM

this is why I dont have insurance on any of the 5 phones on my account....if one breaks they fix or replace for $35! Luckily I've only had to do this once.

rootlinux 12-11-2012 03:44 AM

I use Best Buy insurance always.
No deductibles and only a three day turn around.
Doesn't cover lost or stolen but 100% everything else.

NinjaMom 12-11-2012 09:27 AM

I've heard of people being on loaner phones for a month with Best Buy.

ballouw 12-11-2012 01:55 PM

Spoke to HTC and if Sprint works on phone it does void the warranty. I am going to send the phone into HTC. The $35 is not that big of a deal just the point of being charged for something covered under warranty. Could you imagine if we had to send our vehicles back to the manufacture to get warranty work done.

Thanks for everyone's assistance

rootlinux 12-12-2012 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaMom (Post 2189250)
I've heard of people being on loaner phones for a month with Best Buy.

I have replaced about six the past two years. First one took two weeks.
Policy change after that and all others were swopped in three days.

rootlinux 12-12-2012 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ballouw (Post 2189253)
Spoke to HTC and if Sprint works on phone it does void the warranty. I am going to send the phone into HTC. The $35 is not that big of a deal just the point of being charged for something covered under warranty. Could you imagine if we had to send our vehicles back to the manufacture to get warranty work done.

Thanks for everyone's assistance

That is ridiculous my friend

leckey73 12-12-2012 05:15 PM

I believe there's two plans, total equipment protection and another 1 the total equipment protection has a $0 in store fee for repairs.

Sent from my EVO on the PPCGeeks App

rootlinux 12-12-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leckey73 (Post 2189274)
I believe there's two plans, total equipment protection and another 1 the total equipment protection has a $0 in store fee for repairs.

Sent from my EVO on the PPCGeeks App

I pay 0 in store and have a three day turn around.
Other than lost or stolen it can't be beat.