PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE > HTC Evo 4G LTE Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2012, 10:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I've been so busy, I haven't had alot of time to play....I did see your comment about the multitasking, but I'm not sure what you meant.
I'm still playing with it as well so I'm not exactly sure how it works. But from what I've seen so far and articles I've read about the HOX it seems that HTC has applied an Apple-like approach to multitasking. When you leave an app it is suspeneded but it doesn't seem like it always continues to function normally in the background. Sometimes (usually when I only switch briefly) it resumes where I was. But typically when I return it just reloads the same app. So if I was on a browser in a particular spot it reloads and starts fresh like I just came to that page. Other apps seem to be affected as well, varying from app to app as to how significant of an interruption your expierence. Obviously this impacts the use of some apps more than others. It also (annoyingly) adds a few seconds everytime you switch while it reloads. I haven't played with it enough to understand all the conditions in which it reloads and how it manages memory, etc. but its definitely different and I'm not really liking it so far, especially when it comes to reading in my browser.

Edit: Just did a quick Google search here's a article with a video of what I'm saying on the One X. Apparently, it happens once you leave for 30+ secs. It's described as being aggressive to save battery and increase smoothness in the UI, which is great but not at the cost of true multitasking! Maybe it can be scaled back to be less aggressive or only aggressive for certain apps....

http://www.fun47.com/htc-one-x-and-s...-multitasking/

Positive Vibrations

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com

Last edited by princem131; 05-27-2012 at 10:46 AM.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Re: [ROM] Stock Rooted 1.13.651.1 | Odex | Deodex

Does the free tethering work for you all?
Old 05-29-2012, 02:35 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
Does the free tethering work for you all?
if you are rooted, Wifi Tether will work...
Old 05-29-2012, 05:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131
@OMJ are you running your Rom or stock?

Positive Vibrations
Old 05-29-2012, 05:56 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by princem131 View Post
@OMJ are you running your Rom or stock?

Positive Vibrations
still stock....waiting for s-off, with the one x getting unlocked, we may not be far behind.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
still stock....waiting for s-off, with the one x getting unlocked, we may not be far behind.
Any particular reason ur waiting for S-off since we don't have a need to flash any radios at this point? Other than just not having ur bootloader show unlocked and HTC having a record of it? ... I'm not unlocked either at this point btw... but I have been out on the road since the day after I got though and who knows if that would be the case had I not been lol

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk
Old 05-30-2012, 12:07 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Any particular reason ur waiting for S-off since we don't have a need to flash any radios at this point? Other than just not having ur bootloader show unlocked and HTC having a record of it? ... I'm not unlocked either at this point btw... but I have been out on the road since the day after I got though and who knows if that would be the case had I not been lol

biggest reason is HTC having a record.... really though, I don't know why that matters to me....I've read that ppl were told by HTC if the phone was relocked, they would fix it. Plus, true S-OFF will give us more options

I am very tempted though....alot of development happening.....I'm starting to prepare a ROM for when the time comes.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Quote:
biggest reason is HTC having a record.... really though, I don't know why that matters to me....I've read that ppl were told by HTC if the phone was relocked, they would fix it. Plus, true S-OFF will give us more options

I am very tempted though....alot of development happening.....I'm starting to prepare a ROM for when the time comes.
More options? Other than radio flashing? ... Like what?

I'm sure I'll end up doing it when I get home... Just can't help myself lol

Glad to hear it! ... It's nice to hang with ya (per se) again hehe ... This one gonna be all your creation or you gonna use someone's base? ... Not that a fully optimized one is out that I know of yet ... I imagine Mik is starting to put one together but last I heard he didn't have his phone in his hands yet

Old 05-31-2012, 12:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC SuperSonic

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Nice work, as always, OMJ!

Audiovox Thera-Samsung i700-Verizon PPC 6600-Sprint 6700-Sprint Mogul-Sprint Touch-HTC Touch Diamond-HTC Hero-HTC SuperSonic (EVO)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

OMJ, just an fyi in case you haven't had time to read... In reference to multi-taking, Viper and/or Vin said they tweaked memory settings and ppl are reporting that it is totally fixed in ver 1.2 ... I'm sure they would share the tweaks with ya

This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE > HTC Evo 4G LTE Development