PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE > HTC Evo 4G LTE Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 06:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
@princem131 the one you are getting looks pretty cool. Gonna do a review for us when you get it???
Sure no problem. It should be here Thursday and I actually have a event for my gf's jewelry biz this weekend that I will likely need it for and I can use as an excellent test.

Sent from my PG86100 on the PPCGeeks App

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com
Old 04-24-2012, 03:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
Quote:
Originally Posted by princem131 View Post
Sure no problem. It should be here Thursday and I actually have a event for my gf's jewelry biz this weekend that I will likely need it for and I can use as an excellent test.

Sent from my PG86100 on the PPCGeeks App
Did it come? How did it work it for you?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-24-2012, 09:45 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Best Buy and Seidio both have battery backs as well.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-25-2012, 03:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Battery solution?

Quote:
Did it come? How did it work it for you?

Ok sorry thought I posted my review yesterday but for whatever reason it didnt post

So my initial impressions are really good. The reality is that I don't think there is going to be too much that is terribly different with most of these. I'm sure all of them (at least the ones with good reviews) are pretty good and ultimately it comes down to personal preference. The main things I like better than my old one are the power button, charger port and obviously the extended battery capacity. The power button on this one is a little less prone to accidental presses and powering on in my bag/pocket, this wasn't a huge problem on my old one but it seems like it will now be a non-issue. The biggest advantage is that it uses a micro usb port to charge the extended battery so i can use the same cable for my phone and charging the device while on the road. It seemed to charge SLIGHTLY faster but nothing too significant. The little flash light is cool but a complete non factor for me. I'd also say the build quality of both the battery and cables is better than my original battery. I highly recommend one of these batteries, just find the one that is best for you!

Pics:
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
@princem131 thanks for the review and the pics. I will probably order the same one the same day i recorder my evo lte.

When it arrived was it already pre charged?

Old 04-25-2012, 04:37 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Looks great.
May have to grab one as well.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-25-2012, 10:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
@princem131 thanks for the review and the pics. I will probably order the same one the same day i recorder my evo lte.

When it arrived was it already pre charged?

Yeah it was partially charged. It had all lights lit up initially but I lost a bar or so quickly. But yeah it had a good amount of juice

Positive Vibrations
Old 05-15-2012, 04:52 PM
gof
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

gof is becoming a great contributor
Re: Battery solution?

Has anyone looked at the monoprice units? Specifically, the
For only $11.48 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Micro USB Backup Battery Pack for Smart Phones, Cell Phones and Cameras (2800mAh) - Black (REV. 2.0) | Back Up External Battery and Charger

Seems like this (version 2.0) unit is getting great reviews. Smaller and more portable than the bigger units (but less charge). Seems like something you could pocket if you're planning on being away from a charger for awhile. One feature I like is you don't need any extra cables. It charges from the same microusb that you'd use to charge your phone, and it looks like you could just charge through (charge your phone connected to the battery connected to the wall charger).

Not a user, just an interested customer.

The long term question is more about what happens when the internal battery starts to lose capacity. An "easy" swap, or major brain surgery...
Old 05-26-2012, 11:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by gof View Post
Has anyone looked at the monoprice units? Specifically, the
For only $11.48 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Micro USB Backup Battery Pack for Smart Phones, Cell Phones and Cameras (2800mAh) - Black (REV. 2.0) | Back Up External Battery and Charger

Seems like this (version 2.0) unit is getting great reviews. Smaller and more portable than the bigger units (but less charge). Seems like something you could pocket if you're planning on being away from a charger for awhile. One feature I like is you don't need any extra cables. It charges from the same microusb that you'd use to charge your phone, and it looks like you could just charge through (charge your phone connected to the battery connected to the wall charger).

Not a user, just an interested customer.

The long term question is more about what happens when the internal battery starts to lose capacity. An "easy" swap, or major brain surgery...
Interesting. The one down side I see is that this thing plugs directly into the phone itself, so you'd have this thing protruding from the side of your phone (at least on the LTEvo). I'm using my charger I posted above now as I travel for the holiday weekend and its been great being able to throw it in my cargo pocket with the cord running to my phone while at the airport and flying. And now relaxing on the beach charging my phone and my girlfriends simultaneously. But everyone has different needs and this is a bit cheaper

Positive Vibrations
Old 05-27-2012, 06:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Dual Port portable charger #keepthepartygoin

http://via.me/-1gt1x5q

Positive Vibrations

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE > HTC Evo 4G LTE Accessories

Tags
battery, charge, evo lte, extended, life