PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 3D (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=320)
-   -   EVO 3D screen acting weird? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=148312)

Sgt_Slap_A_Hoe 12-10-2011 12:12 PM

EVO 3D screen acting weird?

Lately my screen has been doing random stuff like im touching it when im not. Sometimes i cant pull the notification bar down all the way, and sometimes the phone will just do stuff on it's own. Anybody have this happen to them and if so is there anyway to fix it? Thanks

laikom 12-12-2011 09:15 AM

Re: EVO 3D screen acting weird?

This started happening to me recently. I took it to the sprint store. They said this is a fairly common problem, they charged me $35 (WTF?) and are ordering me a refurbished one.

Karl 12-12-2011 01:13 PM

are you rooted?

eballin 12-12-2011 09:12 PM

ive been having the same problem all day!!

BlitZ 12-13-2011 05:30 AM

I got mine replaced. had the same problem. they said it was the last update that was causing the problem. but now this new one keeps restarting...

cartz 12-15-2011 11:52 AM

My phone has been doing the same thing. I usually can get around it by turning the screen off and back on again. It sometimes takes a few trys but it'll work. It is getting to the point that it happens everytime I use the phone. I'm rooted and different ROMs and kernals don't seem to make a difference.

Hover-Shuttle 12-27-2011 11:27 PM

Anyone find a solution to this problem? mine has been doing it since xmas day :(

I'm ready to re-install the ROM to cure it :)

cartz 12-28-2011 10:17 AM

I ended up taking my phone in to Sprint yesterday and they had to replace the touchscreen. The tech said that the 3VO had a higher fail rate for the touchscreen. He wasn't sure if the was due to the fact that it was a 3D screen but he said Sprint has an open service ticket with HTC to figure out why this is happening. It was free, but I was without my phone for a couple hours while they fixed it. I was really happy with their work. My phone looks and feels brand new but it's still rooted.

rgarcia32 12-28-2011 09:14 PM

Mine does the same things and I AM NOT ROOTED. i have found that sometimes turning the screen off fixes it for a short while, but not always. WTF.

pinkbunniz 12-29-2011 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cartz (Post 2162048)
I ended up taking my phone in to Sprint yesterday and they had to replace the touchscreen. The tech said that the 3VO had a higher fail rate for the touchscreen. He wasn't sure if the was due to the fact that it was a 3D screen but he said Sprint has an open service ticket with HTC to figure out why this is happening. It was free, but I was without my phone for a couple hours while they fixed it. I was really happy with their work. My phone looks and feels brand new but it's still rooted.

Yes its a problem with the digitizer and yes the 3d has a much higher than expected fail rate with this device, I'm not sure if its due to being htc's fist qhd screen or the manufacturer of that screen. Yes it can be replaced, but if you live in an area without a corporate repair center, it will need to be ordered for you. The reason being is that the phone is still too new to be repaired at 3rd party retailers.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk