PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 3D (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=320)
-   -   Whats the difference between Sprint Hotspot & WiFi Tether? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147789)

aedon 11-01-2011 12:00 AM

Re: Whats the difference between Sprint Hotspot & WiFi Tether?

Quote:

Originally Posted by chong67 (Post 2153469)
My colleage says he only has to pay $10 more for T-mobile to get the his Wifi Hotspot working. He said I should pay.

He also said most Android app are only few dollars and I should stop doing those illegal stuff.

even if the apps are a few bucks it doesnt mean that it will unlock the wifi hotspot from sprint end.

It just means that the app you downloaded might be better quality.
Wifi wont work without being rooted.. Unless you pay sprint

Karl 11-01-2011 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chong67 (Post 2153469)
My colleage says he only has to pay $10 more for T-mobile to get the his Wifi Hotspot working. He said I should pay.

He also said most Android app are only few dollars and I should stop doing those illegal stuff.

Doing illegal stuff is fun

Sent from my E3D using tapatalk

aedon 11-01-2011 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl (Post 2153476)
Doing illegal stuff is fun

Sent from my E3D using tapatalk

haha
famouse last words of a death row inmate lol

chong67 11-01-2011 09:37 AM

I know doing illegal stuff is fun. I do it too. quack .. quack

If someone steal my stuff like software if I do write one, I would not be mad. I just think of it as part of life. If everyone start stealing alot, then there would not be an make new software, new movie, etc. That is why I diversified. Do not put all the eggs in one basket.

My house got broken into few months ago. My HDTV and laptop was gone. They wanted to get my projector, but they throw it back. Now I got 12 door contacts and 4 motion sensors and my wireless monitoring is $15 with no contract. Now I got 4 webcam and motion sensor to sent me email when there is a movement. Lets try this again.

Here is the clincher :

The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be. -- Lao Tsu

aedon 11-01-2011 01:25 PM

true, but even so, people have the right to get upset when their things are taken from them.

In the case of the phones, we pay good money for a high end and capable device, for sprint to take it features away from us is just bull.

I mean, they say we get unlimited data (wich I know is a touchy subject now days with them) but then they take away the abilty to actually use it.

as far as Im concerned, anything we can do to our phones is fair game.

It may not be "legal" in sense of the situation.
But there is by no means a law against it to make it "illegal"

Its more of a structure based on morals, and lets face it... not many people have them nowdays lol

chong67 11-01-2011 07:07 PM

I find it funny that company can break rules but we cannot. For example, there is always agreement that company can break, but when we break the rules, then we have to pay heafty fines.

So lets stick it to them.

I dont like big banks like BofA. So take your business elsewhere!

chong67 11-01-2011 10:40 PM

Out of my soap box ...

I notice it cant do 4G in Sprint Hotspot but in Wifi Tether, you can. Thanks for pointing this out.

Why is that?

gTen 11-02-2011 12:39 AM

Ok guys, to clarify a few things:

Biggest difference of Ad-Hoc vs Infrastructure is that Ad-Hoc tends to be limited to WEP and not all devices pick up Ad-Hoc connections. Also from using Ad-Hoc and infrastructure, I noticed Ad-Hoc were somewhat less stable.

Not sure about Evo 3d but some devices can do both. Try the newest beta 3.0 version of wifi tether to see if it can do infrastructure.

Also, tethering is not illegal. It is just a violation of your terms of service. So in worst case they just suspend your service. Though usually they will send you a warning first.

As for using tethering and 4G, usually the phones have a problem with using 4g and wifi at the same time...it thinks 4g is like wifi. I remember some beta builds on the epic were the same were the 4G was not working around the wifi so 4g tethering was impossible on those beta builds using official hotspot.

chong67 11-02-2011 11:47 AM

gTen, was Touch Pro 2 using Ah Hoc? I was using WMWifi tether software. My other phone could not see it.

Now I am using 3D with Wifi Tether and my other phone can see the signal. My 4G icon stays on.

When I am in Sprint Hotspot, my 4G does not come on, only in 3G.

gTen 11-02-2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chong67 (Post 2153675)
gTen, was Touch Pro 2 using Ah Hoc?

yes

Quote:

I was using WMWifi tether software. My other phone could not see it.
IF your other phone was Android you need a wpa supplicant fix to see adhoc networks
Quote:

Now I am using 3D with Wifi Tether and my other phone can see the signal. My 4G icon stays on.
sounds like infrastucture

Quote:

When I am in Sprint Hotspot, my 4G does not come on, only in 3G.
[/QUOTE]
i told you, wifi is conflicting with 4g.