PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 3D (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=320)
-   -   Bluetooth Problem (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147635)

madcowmilau 10-21-2011 09:22 PM

Bluetooth Problem

EVO 3D
Recently I noticed that when i toggle my bluetooth on, it turns off after 1 or 2 seconds. it will not stay on at all. Has anyone else had this problem. I rarely use it, but wanted to today and I couldnt. Its really annoying. I would rather not hard reset, but if i must then i guess i have no choice. has anyone experienced this issue and if so PLEASE HELP ME? I searched the forums here and on XDA and google and came up with nothing. PLEASE HELP ME?

Ronny71 10-22-2011 11:25 AM

Re: Bluetooth Problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by madcowmilau (Post 2151599)
EVO 3D
Recently I noticed that when i toggle my bluetooth on, it turns off after 1 or 2 seconds. it will not stay on at all. Has anyone else had this problem. I rarely use it, but wanted to today and I couldnt. Its really annoying. I would rather not hard reset, but if i must then i guess i have no choice. has anyone experienced this issue and if so PLEASE HELP ME? I searched the forums here and on XDA and google and came up with nothing. PLEASE HELP ME?

Have you paired it with a device...????

madcowmilau 10-22-2011 11:28 AM

Nothing paired with device. I was thinking that maybe another app is interfering, but nothing installed uses Bluetooth. I'll click Bluetooth on and within a second or 2 it turns off by itself.

Sent from my PG86100 on the PPCGeeks App

madcowmilau 10-29-2011 08:36 AM

Wound up doing reset. Didn't realize that all apps would reinstall automatically. Android is freakin sweet.

madcowmilau 12-16-2011 06:19 PM

Quote:

EVO 3D

2 months later and the phone is having the same issue. I really don't want to do another reset. Has anyone else had this problem? Turn Bluetooth on and within a few seconds, it turns itself off. What the F###?

madcowmilau 12-20-2011 10:54 PM

Again, I was forced to do a factory reset. If there's anyone out there who knows how to fix this problem, please help. I know its going to happen again.

madcowmilau 01-19-2012 08:51 AM

Again this problem persists. Has anyone had this issue? Please help, as I am forced to hard reset almost once a month.

madcowmilau 01-29-2012 12:48 PM

did another hard reset and after a week the problem came back. can someone please help me? this is getting crazy. I have done about 4 or 5 hard resets and the problem keeps coming back. I just want to be able to use my bluetooth.

guitardoc64 01-29-2012 11:32 PM

What ROM are you using?

Sent from my Clean ROM 3D

madcowmilau 01-30-2012 10:11 AM

Running stock. never put a custom rom on this particular phone.

yachtspecco 03-25-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

EVO 3D

Mad, I had a similar issue with the stock rom with my GPS. If I used the widget icon the gps would start to either go on or off depending on what state it was in at the time, and then the phone would do what some refer to as a random reboot and when it came back up the gps would still be in the original state it was in. I found that going into the full settings menu and using that to turn the gps on and off did not cause the issue.
Have you tried accessing and controlling bluetooth in the menus rather than using the widget?

madcowmilau 03-25-2012 03:14 PM

Doesn't matter how I change the setting, it won't stay on at all. Quick setting or through the menu, both fail always

yachtspecco 03-25-2012 03:29 PM

I'd go through the apps I have installed and check if any of them utilize bluetooth and thus have control permissions enabled (such as bluetooth networking or tethering apps). I would disable or ininstall and clear cache of any such and see if that fixes the issue. If not then hard reset and at last resort take it to the sprint store.

madcowmilau 04-10-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yachtspecco (Post 2173992)
I'd go through the apps I have installed and check if any of them utilize bluetooth and thus have control permissions enabled (such as bluetooth networking or tethering apps). I would disable or ininstall and clear cache of any such and see if that fixes the issue. If not then hard reset and at last resort take it to the sprint store.

any easy way to check which apps utilize bluetooth other than manually going through each app?

madcowmilau 04-21-2012 07:29 AM

The only apps I have on here that access Bluetooth are ES File Explorer and Pandora. Both of which I have removed and the problem continues. I'm guessing I just have a defective phone. Won't matter in a month or 2 when i upgrade to the EVO One. Or maybe ICS might solve my dilemma. Still pissed me off tho because it should work without all this hassle.