PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 3D (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=320)
-   -   sound/volume mod (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=146361)

Hover-Shuttle 08-10-2011 10:32 PM

sound/volume mod

I've been monitoring this forum & haven't seen if anyone has modded the volume level yet for the external speaker or earpiece. Not even a mention of it in the custom rom/os changlogs...

This & WiFi is the only things I'm interested in (need)... I'm very pleased with the phone otherwise compared to my Touch Pro2 (what a piece of junk!)

lilbrulesall 08-11-2011 03:07 AM

Re: sound/volume mod

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hover-Shuttle (Post 2136660)
I've been monitoring this forum & haven't seen if anyone has modded the volume level yet for the external speaker or earpiece. Not even a mention of it in the custom rom/os changlogs...

This & WiFi is the only things I'm interested in (need)... I'm very pleased with the phone otherwise compared to my Touch Pro2 (what a piece of junk!)

Hey dude. I was wondering the same thing today when I wanted to play my evo through the speakers in my house and it was insanely low. I did some researching and found this article:
How to enable louder speaker volumes on HTC EVO 3D
I did not try it yet, but I was thinking about trying it out tomorrow. Maybe it can help you :) good luck! Be careful lol.

tsbrewers 08-12-2011 11:08 PM

here is a better how-to.

[GUIDE] How To Use QPST to INCREASE the volume on the Evo 3D - xda-developers

Brew

Hover-Shuttle 08-15-2011 11:53 PM

I did this mod & it didn't seem to have any effect :( I set everything to level 4...

Ticklemepinks 08-16-2011 05:51 AM

download a program called volume+ it works very good! Don't turn it up too loud cuz u could totally blow ur speakers, it sounds about as loud as the OG evo now, but steel, viper, synergy rom all have eq's built in

toddpedersen 08-16-2011 06:53 AM

There is a Marketplace app that is called Volume+ that works for the speaker, wired headset and bluetooth headset it is a couple of bucks I think, but it does work and the developer responds quickly to questions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hover-Shuttle (Post 2136660)

NSTar 08-19-2011 07:16 PM

Touch pro 2 was cool. There were all kinds of sound customization the droid does not have. Like control message, mail, etc.... sound volume individually. I like my sms louder than my email... my ring louder than sms, and alarm louder still. Also, I can config it to not bother me from 10pm to 8am (except for alarm clock). Wished the droid has that level of customization.

NinjaMom 08-19-2011 10:32 PM

Honestly the recent update seems to have fixed the speaker volume.

Boo Boo 08-20-2011 08:00 PM

thats one thing i will say about the photon the speakers are loud. i traded mine in for the 3d. some stuff you just have to have

Anon9mouz 08-21-2011 09:15 PM

Idk if software could fix it I really starting to think it's hardware

Sent from my PG86100-EVO3D-using Tapatalk