PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 3D (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=320)
-   -   How to switch from Clockwork to TWRP? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=146305)

504 Refugee 08-08-2011 01:56 AM

How to switch from Clockwork to TWRP?

Can someone tell me how to switch from CWM to TWRP?

I'm not sure exactly what I've done but now when I have phone off and hold down volume down and power it bring s me to the white screen, but won't give me the option to get into recovery...

Its only gives me the option to update yes or no...

seedogg 08-08-2011 02:17 AM

Re: How to switch from Clockwork to TWRP?

Just download TWRP and rename it to PG86IMG.zip. Put it in the root of your SD card. Power up like you are going to enter recovery. It will find PG86IMG.zip before it enters recovery and ask you if you want to update. This is probably where you are at. Just select yes and it will write TWRP over ClockworkMod. Make sure to delete or rename PG86IMG.zip when you boot.

Karl 08-08-2011 05:42 AM

Use quick boot from the market to get to hboot that's how you'll load the zip.

Sent from my E3D using tapatalk

504 Refugee 08-08-2011 07:47 PM

Thanks guys, seems like my issue was I wasn't deleting the PG86IMG.zip... all good now!

OMJ 08-09-2011 08:51 AM

thread moved to EVO 3D general.....please don't start question threads in the development forum.

dcperdue 08-13-2011 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 504 Refugee (Post 2135966)
Can someone tell me how to switch from CWM to TWRP?

I'm not sure exactly what I've done but now when I have phone off and hold down volume down and power it bring s me to the white screen, but won't give me the option to get into recovery...

Its only gives me the option to update yes or no...

Dude ill address your question after I give you some advice. UNROOT YOUR PHONE AND DONT TRY IT AGAIN!!!! The fact your even asking this question when your phone is doing what its doing means you are not experienced enough to be rooting. Sorry to be blunt but but you need to get the point across. You are going to end up bricking your phone if you cant understand why its doing what its doing. What it is doing is grade school stuff.

well nm it looks like he figured it out. Seriously dude be careful and dont brick your phone.

504 Refugee 08-13-2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcperdue (Post 2137150)
Dude ill address your question after I give you some advice. UNROOT YOUR PHONE AND DONT TRY IT AGAIN!!!! The fact your even asking this question when your phone is doing what its doing means you are not experienced enough to be rooting. Sorry to be blunt but but you need to get the point across. You are going to end up bricking your phone if you cant understand why its doing what its doing. What it is doing is grade school stuff.

well nm it looks like he figured it out. Seriously dude be careful and dont brick your phone.

So you dig up this post that was already resolved... 3 days later... to say absolutely nothing that's beneficial to the outcome of the thread...

Then you're worried about something that doesn't concern you, you don't know me... Didn't pay for my phone... Wasn't sent a private message or nothing... Just took it upon yourself to jump in this matter...

Even though you clearly say I'll answer the question once I give you some advice... you never answer the question... Just took this as a chance to add your own negativity to the world...

You must be Republican...

Forgive me for having the audacity not to know something and then asking for assistance...

"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Voltaire

Karl 08-13-2011 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcperdue (Post 2137150)

Dude this isn't xda if your not going be helpful don't post

Sent from my E3D using tapatalk