PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 3D (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=320)
-   -   First time Android user (hardcore WM fan) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145177)

furiousgtz 06-29-2011 10:08 AM

First time Android user (hardcore WM fan)

I had to create a thread.

I am coming from tp2 this is big change for me. My first smartphone was ppc-6700 and now after spending 24 hours with this gadget I love it!

This is my first android phone and I don't think I will be missing my windows mobile 6.5. I am still new to this platform have no idea what the hell is going on. I am just browsing different forums and reading threads.

Not so thrilled about 3d stuff but the phone itself is fast and very easy to use! its like switching from toyota corolla to maserati quattroporte.

mr_e 06-29-2011 12:33 PM

Re: First time Android user (hardcore WM fan)

Welcome to the club...I also come from the WinMo lineage with the 6700, touch, etc. I have not looked back longingly since moving to the Evo 4G and I suspect you will be feel the same way.

NinjaMom 06-29-2011 01:06 PM

Welcome. You won't believe how addictive your phone is going to get.

furiousgtz 06-29-2011 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaMom (Post 2122110)
Welcome. You won't believe how addictive your phone is going to get.

I have not able to put this phone down since I got it.

Robodoc82 06-29-2011 02:51 PM

Same Here! Came from WM all the way back to Win CE 3.0; had HTC 6800 (Mogul) and TP2. I am stunned at how good Android is! Wake up, MS.

ls3mach 06-29-2011 03:20 PM

If you started from the HTC Apache you're still a newcomer to the market. :) Some of us started back when Handspring revolutionized the market. I don't miss WM6.5 AT ALL. I have to say the best WM device I owned was the Mogul (or the 8925 if you had GSM). All those programmable buttons and WM5 was PEPPY. I always wanted a Universal, but never was with gAyT&T long enough to get one. The StarTRK was cool too, but damn that proprietary charger.

orangekid 06-29-2011 03:57 PM

All I can say is good thing you never got an HD2,

With a phone that you can flash WM6.5, Android 2.x, WP7, and ubuntu you would never have slept again!

But I feel you, I've been on the Sensation and hanging out in this forum lately and this latest installment by HTC is nothing less that pure awesome!

furiousgtz 06-29-2011 05:24 PM

Me too. Mogul was best and worst was original tp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 2122196)
All I can say is good thing you never got an HD2,

With a phone that you can flash WM6.5, Android 2.x, WP7, and ubuntu you would never have slept again!

But I feel you, I've been on the Sensation and hanging out in this forum lately and this latest installment by HTC is nothing less that pure awesome!

HD2 was awesome device very versatile. I think this newer phones are great right out of the box. In past we had to spent countless hours tweaking and installing that perfect .cab (which I loved) but now android is my next addiction.

Clipp 06-29-2011 07:38 PM

Once you've settled, you will wish you switched a year ago ;).

I came from a heavy WiMo background as well... left TP2 to get EVO 4G, then Nexus S and now EVO 3D.

chong67 06-29-2011 10:44 PM

If you post this in the Arrive forum, it will lead to lots of bashing and in the end, the thread will be closed.

If you dont believe, then ...