PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2011, 03:47 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: First time Android user (hardcore WM fan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post
I think I've finally got a handle on Android and it is a very powerful OS but if I could have gotten the EVO 3D with WP7 on it I would have. WP7 seems much more battery friendly and the way it handles exchange accounts particularly if you have more than one is top notch. That being said Android hardware is far superior to anything you can get for WP7 - particularly on Sprint - they seem to have chosen one of the smallest screened, bulkiest WP7 phones available. The Arrive is probalby the last WP7 hardare I would have picked if I was getting WP7. Android has a number of distinct advantages but I use my phone for 2 things primarily - a phone and accessing e-mail, calendar and contacts from Exchange. I tried touchdown and it still is far behind WP7 as a calendar/contact/email platform.

However if you use it for many other things I can definitely see the attraction of Android. It is extremely flexible. I went with the EVO 3D because the hardware seems robust - not for the OS and I didn't go with the Arrive as the hardware sucks donkey balls.
wp7 does not need top of the line out of this world hardware to provide a good user experience. I just recently loaded the mango beta onto my arrive and everything is flying even more so than on NoDo. but since this is the android section ill leave it at that but yea I've come from WM too starting on an ipaq h1910 then Dell axim x51v and finally to TP1 and 2.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:51 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
wp7 does not need top of the line out of this world hardware to provide a good user experience.
IMHO - a good experience with a phone includes a large screen, a slim design, plenty of expandable storage, 4G for tethering, BT 3.x or 4.x to reduce battery drain are part of the good experience. The Arrive is severely lacking in those areas - notice I didn't mention the processor - but all the other items that make a phone top of the line.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post
IMHO - a good experience with a phone includes a large screen, a slim design, plenty of expandable storage, 4G for tethering, BT 3.x or 4.x to reduce battery drain are part of the good experience. The Arrive is severely lacking in those areas - notice I didn't mention the processor - but all the other items that make a phone top of the line
lot of things I could say to this but it has no place here in the android section. so I'll reserve this discussion for another thread elsewhere.

Last edited by eric12341; 07-10-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Eric, Thanks for you input. Now please leave. You are not adding value to this conversation. You are trolling again. Dont you remember being banned for that? Dont you recall the thread in the cage? Do you ever learn??????

Just leave and let it be. Dont post a response. Just go away. Go back to your WP7 forum. Your just wasting internet bandwidth.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Eric, Thanks for you input. Now please leave. You are not adding value to this conversation. You are trolling again. Dont you remember being banned for that? Dont you recall the thread in the cage? Do you ever learn??????

Just leave and let it be. Dont post a response. Just go away. Go back to your WP7 forum. Your just wasting internet bandwidth.
I am not trolling, I said nothing bad about android whatsoever I was just correcting some false information. nothing wrong with that. @gTen does it all the time.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:49 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post

Just leave and let it be. Dont post a response. JUST GO AWAY. Go back to your WP7 forum. Your just wasting internet bandwidth.
I agree with you 100%

Donations accepted not expected!

Old 07-10-2011, 06:02 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

I got a idea, get back on topic please.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo3d

tsbrewers is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I came from the TP1, to the 3vo. Pretty happy so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robodoc82 View Post
Same Here! Came from WM all the way back to Win CE 3.0; had HTC 6800 (Mogul) and TP2. I am stunned at how good Android is! Wake up, MS.
Unless MS gets a real "app store" in the very near future, they are done in the Mobile market. I was one of the few that kinda liked the TP1, but it was a constant battle keeping it from crashing.

I bought a cheap android tablet and noticed a TON of apps that I could easily put to use on a daily basis for my work. So I knew my next phone would be android based. The one big reason I went with Winmo on my last phone was the fact I could put a standalone GPS app on it. Since I could do the same on the 3vo, no reason to stay anymore.

Brew
Old 07-10-2011, 09:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: evo 3d
Carrier: sprint

siduramaxde is a n00b

Coming from a TP2, I am amazed at how fast and smooth the 3vo responds to user input. I thought I would never be able to do without the hard keyboard but the android voice recognition makes texting easy. I was in the dark ages with WM and did not know it.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

iceninja is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to iceninja

Well i actually recognize a lot of your usernames from the WM forums and yes I went through all the WM phones and liked them a lot. I even tried the Arrive and I will admit that Microsoft is on the right track but not there yet, instead of making a good OS they are trying to compete with Apple or be like them. One of the great things about WM was you could plug your phone in and transfer files. Now you have to go through the Zune app.

Android is on the right track. My EVO 3D is the fastest phone I've ever owned. With swype I no longer need a physical keyboard. As of right now HTC is at the top of phone makers they now set the standard. I don't look at the 3D as a gimmick but a smart marketing angle. 3D is the newest technology going right now so why not take advantage of it. You can only share your 3D photos with other 3D users so look at how many people have bought more then one. All in all I'm loving this phone and until they give me a reason I will stay with HTC for all my future phones.

Ice

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D