PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 3D (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=320)
-   -   Is the Evo 3D going to be the TOP of the LINE phone for a while?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=144732)

loren646 06-20-2011 01:28 PM

Is the Evo 3D going to be the TOP of the LINE phone for a while??

or is it going to get beat in a month or 2? looking at sprint here.

AZTECHKA 06-20-2011 01:31 PM

Re: Is the Evo 3D going to be the TOP of the LINE phone for a while??

If you ask gTen... The epic has already beat it.
lol.

There's always new stuff around the corner. The question to you is... What does top of the line mean to YOU. Biggest screen? Processor speed? Battery life? 3D?
Only YOU can determine which phone is the best (for you).
p.

dougw03 06-20-2011 01:34 PM

Motorola Photon is coming out for Sprint.

Karl 06-20-2011 01:40 PM

I think the MOTO is still locked down

Sent From My Rooted Evo Using Tapatalk

OMJ 06-20-2011 01:49 PM

my advice....don't listen to gTen, lol

and yeah moto is always locked down...

Karl 06-20-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMJ (Post 2117183)
my advice....don't listen to gTen, lol

and yeah moto is always locked down...

I said that cuz I heard something about MOTO unlocking.. guess I was misinformed

Sent From My Rooted Evo Using Tapatalk

Racincason 06-20-2011 01:57 PM

Galaxy S 2, Optimus Black, and the moto are the only ones that i know of. but nothing that would be "better" in my opinion. HTC always gets the updates first from what i have noticed so i think i too will be going with the 3D.

Something new is always going to come out tho

jmana 06-20-2011 03:35 PM

I'm thinking the Samsung S2 (Within) is going to beat the Evo 3D. If you take the 3d capability out of the picture, the S2 is thinner, has a longer lasting battery, has a better screen, should be a "world phone", has a better camera, etc... And it may even come with LTE capability, at least that's a rumor I heard. The only complaint I've heard about the phone is the inability to customize the ROM, but that should be worked out soon too. That being said I am still getting the 3D on Friday, but if it doesn't impress me it's going back and I'll wait for the Samsung to come out (late July supposedly)

Karl 06-20-2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmana (Post 2117217)
I'm thinking the Samsung S2 (Within) is going to beat the Evo 3D. If you take the 3d capability out of the picture, the S2 is thinner, has a longer lasting battery, has a better screen, should be a "world phone", has a better camera, etc... And it may even come with LTE capability, at least that's a rumor I heard. The only complaint I've heard about the phone is the inability to customize the ROM, but that should be worked out soon too. That being said I am still getting the 3D on Friday, but if it doesn't impress me it's going back and I'll wait for the Samsung to come out (late July supposedly)

you cant compare rumors to facts

jmana 06-20-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarlE (Post 2117233)
you cant compare rumors to facts

True, and it may not have GSM or LTE, but Sprint isn't going to significantly cripple the current S2 when they turn it into the Within, so it's safe to say things like battery life, camera, and screen quality are all going to be much much better than the Evo.