PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 3D (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=320)
-   -   Something's off with the 3D... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=144283)

draghn 06-10-2011 01:27 AM

Re: Something's off with the 3D...

Could also be because it was just a broken screen they could fix without ordering a replacement or something to that effect where they weren't worried about what software was running on the phone...

mlin 06-10-2011 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wizzard (Post 2113674)
pinkbunniz,

When I went to put in my order for two of the 3ds yesterday, the person who helped me said that he had modified his phone, I laughed and said that then he would not be able to get any service.

He told me that was not so and that the policy had changed so that the people with the insurance would get repairs to their phones even if they had custom ROMs on them. I would assume that this is for equipment or system failures not caused by the ROMs and covered by the TEP.

Have you heard this???

Thanks

There are a few stores in Denver that will repair/replace phones with custom roms. Obviously if its purely a software issue they insist you flash back to stock before considering additional steps.

Tapa tapa tapa

hidaya 06-15-2011 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkbunniz (Post 2113657)
Yes lol I fought my a$$ off to get this phone too lol

Sent from my PC36100

hi pink,
was wondering if your phone arrived and how it compares hands on to the evo.. oh also is it unlocked? :mrgreen:

pinkbunniz 06-15-2011 09:04 PM

@hidaya

I got it today, i was able to put it into bootloader mode and as much as I love my evo 4G the 3D is much smoother and the new sense is really convienent. I only got about an hour in with it today, but that hour I saw some really impressive improvements

Sent from my PC36100

Riley 06-15-2011 09:14 PM

I needed to replace the internal speaker on mine a month ago and was worried it being rooted, so I unrooted and went in. While they fixed it, one of the reps pulled me aside to show me his Evo with Calk Evio1.8 rom on it.... I was like damn! I unrooted...LOL. I really think it depends on where you go.

Riley 06-15-2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkbunniz (Post 2115706)
@hidaya

I got it today, i was able to put it into bootloader mode and as much as I love my evo 4G the 3D is much smoother and the new sense is really convienent. I only got about an hour in with it today, but that hour I saw some really impressive improvements

Sent from my PC36100

awesome. Congrats. How much faster is it? wait...don't tell me...

thanks!

hidaya 06-15-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

@hidaya

Sent from my PC36100

lol so my eyes are glazed over now... i think ill go preorder lol :headbang:

ubigred 06-18-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

@hidaya

Sent from my PC36100

Is it possible to put Handscent on there and see how fluid it runs?

Sent from my Evo via Tapatalk

pinkbunniz 06-18-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubigred (Post 2116589)
Is it possible to put Handscent on there and see how fluid it runs?

Sent from my Evo via Tapatalk

I would love to help you out on that one, but I've had bad luck with that app in the past....I can tell you that this phone runs way more smooth than I thought a phone could ever do... :)

Sent from my PC36100

draghn 06-18-2011 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkbunniz (Post 2116625)
I would love to help you out on that one, but I've had bad luck with that app in the past....I can tell you that this phone runs way more smooth than I thought a phone could ever do... :)

Sent from my PC36100

Ah! Tease! lol

How is typing on it? What are your thoughts on the call quality?

I know it's right around the corner for us regular peeps, but we want to know! (I'm jealous. :p)