PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 3D Accessories (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=321)
-   -   can someone recommend case/shield for me? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145065)

xxxjdoggxxx 06-27-2011 12:35 AM

can someone recommend case/shield for me?

I am getting my EVO 3d tomorrow and am wondering what the best way to protect my phone would be. I work in a machine shop with dirty air and metal dust all over. As most of my use of my phone happens at work I am wondering if someone could recommend a good case for that type of environment. I currently have a Touch Pro 2 that still functions well but is all beat up from work and I want to try to avoid that with my EVO 3d.

1uk3 06-27-2011 08:50 PM

Re: can someone recommend case/shield for me?

i think you should go with the otterbox defender..its a bit bulky for my taste but affer quite a bit of protection including a built in screen protector and a belt clip. i opted for the commuter otterbox since i just drive around most of the time. you can check em out at otterbox.com. i hear good things about the ballistic case too www.goballisticcase.com

Karl 06-27-2011 08:55 PM

the ballistic is very nice the E3D version will have a kickstand, im use the defender till the ballistic comes out

HTC Evo 3D Ballistic Hard Core (HC) Series Case by Ballistic Case Co.

NinjaMom 06-27-2011 08:55 PM

Otterbox defender is the way to go. It doesn't really seem that bulky to me, but that may be because I used the defender on my original EVO and that case was pretty bulky.

Plus, this defender is the only case that I know of that protects the cameras.

NinjaMom 06-27-2011 08:58 PM

Wonder how bulky that ballistic case will be. Looks neat.

Ruh 06-27-2011 09:18 PM

What concerns me about the ballistic kick stand case is the same issue I think any kickstand case is going to have...so far the kickstand has the phone situation so that it is laying ON the charging port.

The good news...the otterbox defender belt clip phone holder can be used as a stand for the phone WITHOUT impeding the connection port :) (though it is troublesome for me to get on to/off of my belt). However, this could change if the holder for the ballistic case can also double as a stand on its own.

xxxjdoggxxx 06-28-2011 01:23 AM

Well I finally got my EVO 3d today! I was so excited about it I was almost late for work trying to activate it. It also affected my productivity negatively at work. I need to consider what case I am going to get soon as I already dropped it once today. Luckily it was on carpet so there was no damage.

My number one concern with where I work is scratches on my phone. Those iron particles scratched my Touch Pro 2 up real good. I need a case (or even something like an invisible shield) that will protect the screen and camera lenses from scratches. I have read that the screen contains glass that won't scratch. Can I depend on that to prevent scratches or should I still put something on the screen?

The ballistic case looks interesting but it is out of stock. Can someone give me a link to the otterbox case? I do not mind a bulky case because my last phone was a Touch Pro 2 then a Touch Pro 1 before that. In fact I have to get used to how thin the EVO 3D is. I do like the idea of a case with a kickstand.

Karl 06-28-2011 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxxjdoggxxx (Post 2121425)
Well I finally got my EVO 3d today! I was so excited about it I was almost late for work trying to activate it. It also affected my productivity negatively at work. I need to consider what case I am going to get soon as I already dropped it once today. Luckily it was on carpet so there was no damage.

My number one concern with where I work is scratches on my phone. Those iron particles scratched my Touch Pro 2 up real good. I need a case (or even something like an invisible shield) that will protect the screen and camera lenses from scratches. I have read that the screen contains glass that won't scratch. Can I depend on that to prevent scratches or should I still put something on the screen?

The ballistic case looks interesting but it is out of stock. Can someone give me a link to the otterbox case? I do not mind a bulky case because my last phone was a Touch Pro 2 then a Touch Pro 1 before that. In fact I have to get used to how thin the EVO 3D is. I do like the idea of a case with a kickstand.

Otterbox.com or you get one at Sprint

Sent from my E3D using tapatalk

Chuck_IV 06-28-2011 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaMom (Post 2121366)
Otterbox defender is the way to go. It doesn't really seem that bulky to me, but that may be because I used the defender on my original EVO and that case was pretty bulky.

Plus, this defender is the only case that I know of that protects the cameras.

I tried the defender and just found it too bulky and too heavy for my tastes. I also didn't like the screen protector built in as the one I had seemed to have a sligh haze to it thus making the screen look not as vivid. However, it definitely protected the phone WELL, which is a great thing, especially the camera.

What I ended up getting was the Convert case from Best Buy(it's the same as the Convert case from Seidio). It's basically 2 cases in one. The first case is the Surface case, which is thin and works well but doesn't cover the camera area. The second is a rubber sleeve that slips OVER the Surface case and a plastic finger frame slips over that. This adds some bulk to the phone but less than the Defender and it's still lighter too.

The rubber piece DOES have a flap that completely covers the camera area, so it does offer some good protection there. It comes with a beltclip that is lockable. It does not double as a kickstand and the beltclip only works with the phone when it has the rubber sleeve on.

This works for me as I use the rubber sleeve when out and about and when I'm in the office, I take the sleeve off and I'm left with the surface case and I just skip the phone into my shirt pocket.

About the only complaint I have is the rubber sleeve is kinda slick. I may need to wipe it down with something to get it to be grippy.