PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Droid Incredible (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   I got my Droid Incredible Today (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=118649)

jbh00jh 05-07-2010 08:46 AM

Re: I got my Droid Incredible Today

Quote:

Originally Posted by syrguy1969 (Post 1739404)
I did something like this, it is called an alternate upgrade. You upgrade one line to get the Incredible, and activate it on that line, then you just switch it over to the line you really want it on and move the original number back to the old phone (including the *228 for all the number changes). I did this in a store....online purchases may be able to skip the switching around but I think I would do it just to be safe and have it documented on the computers.

In all the reports about signal strength and how many bars people see, I think it isn't quite the 'real picture' I think that eventhough the Incredible only shows a bar or two, it really has a better strength than it is indicating. I haven't had any problems with calls in places that were itermitent (sp?) at best on previous phones. I am happy with mine so far.

There are also reports that the Inc 'trains' itself in battery usage, and I have to believe this. My first couple days with very slight usage I had very little charge left by about 6PM or so (from 7AM) but for the past couple days with the same time-frame and even a tad more usage I am at at least 50-60% by 6-7 PM (I really have to get a battery widget installed LOL)!!!

BATTERY TIME LITE - works great.

syrguy1969 05-07-2010 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbh00jh (Post 1739410)
BATTERY TIME LITE - works great.

I'll look at that one. I already have a couple tagged...the problem is that I am running out of room on my home screens LOL!!

rusty105 05-07-2010 09:37 AM

[QUOTE=rusty105;1734389]
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbh00jh (Post 1734305)

yes that is an option. We'll see hop it goes.

[QUOTE=jbh00jh;1739375]
Quote:

Originally Posted by rusty105 (Post 1739366)
That's great man , glad you are enjoying your new phone.

Definitely enjoying, first time I have gotten a new phone on the "up swing" of its life span.
Quick question though, using speedtest.net, what is everyone getting for up and down speeds?

brif4i 05-07-2010 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dobest (Post 1738818)
My Android Incredible shipped today! Get it Monday May 10th!

ordered mine yesterday too!

BUT I GET MINE TODAY :spin:

Now I just gotta explain to the wife why I used her upgrade and have a new phone sitting around :^o

jbh00jh 05-08-2010 01:23 PM

Well after 8 days the cell signal meter is showing the same signal strength ( at home) as my Imagio , 3 bars. And it is not bouncing up and down , siting right on 3 bars. The meter must have a break-in period . ? ? ? ? ? The first seven days it showed 0-1 bar. Whatever.

syrguy1969 05-08-2010 03:17 PM

I was going to report about the same thing. Right from the beginning I would only see a bar or two, but I never had a call dropped and actually have better reception in a couple places I was wibbly-wobbly at best. There are more bars showing on mine now as well, but the reception is about the same (great!!) as I described.

Same seems to go for the battery....it still isn't a 'wonder battery' but it lasts a lot longer than when I first got it.

jbh00jh 05-08-2010 03:57 PM

My reception has been great from day one , the signal bars fianally cought up with the reception haha

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

schoust 05-13-2010 06:20 PM

Hi Guy's & Gal's I am seriously considering going to this phone but I honestly have some reservations about two things the 1st being the fact that there is no key board and the 2nd is the fact that I am changing OS's from the pathetic WM6.1 to the ? Android OS. Is the manual available to the public? I really want to break it down and compare it to my Touch Pro. I'll say this if it is as capable as my Touch Pro and I do not have to Hard reset it twice a week it's a winner IMHO.

jbh00jh 05-13-2010 06:37 PM

All I can say is that you can' t compare a TP to this phone. I got mine the day it came out and it hasn't had the first soft reset yet , much less a hard reset. This is the first phone htc had made that does what it is ment to do out of the box.
No lags , no freezes , just fast and
stable. And a marketplace with thousands of apps , a lot of them free.
Forget the manual , go to the vzw store and play with it.
WM is history.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk