PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2009, 12:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

stormygal_indy is keeping up the good workstormygal_indy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
De-magnetized stylus slot

Earlier tonight I used the phone for a wifi router for a bit and noticed it was WAAY hot when I was done. Just a little while ago I discovered that the stylus no longer has a magnetic connection with the slot (stylus itself is still magnetized though). I assume the heat melted or screwed up whatever glue holds the internal magnet. Anyone able to confirm my suspicion? Is this fixable at a repair center? And if not, am I looking at $100 to replace it against insurance? None too pleased at the moment.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

NitrousGT is a n00b
Re: De-magnetized stylus slot

mine has also demagnetized, the magnetic piece inside the phone bfell out, i guess its from too much heat. not a big deal though, the stylus still fits in the slot fine.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: De-magnetized stylus slot

My stylus magnet screwed up a few months ago. The tiny magnet fell out. It is a known issue that HTC and Sprint are aware of. Will be covered by the one year HTC Warranty. If the year is up, TEP will cover it. There should not be any deductible involved. I got my Diamond replaced at no charge when it happened a few months ago. I also have TEP.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Tags
magnet, stylus