PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   HELP!!! GPS software causing reboot and/or freezing (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93131)

mswlogo 11-03-2009 09:54 AM

Re: HELP!!! GPS software causing reboot and/or freezing

By golly your right. It works for me too now.

Maxx134 11-03-2009 11:35 AM

It may work without crashing, but to be shure you can try turning off your radio, and then re-enabling it to see if the gps still activates when using it

s2jpark 11-03-2009 11:51 AM

Could this be caused by the change in our clocks this past weekend (daylight savings time). Just a thought?

bonmot 11-03-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulhiny (Post 1293530)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

crazy thing..my phone downloaded a new Quick GPS packet on it's own this morning and all seems to be fixed.

Yes, I have confirmed that!!!
Crazy, the system fixed the problem!!!

Yahoo!!!!!

Good news!

Everything is back to normal!

kocaweb 11-03-2009 12:22 PM

Hi Guys,

I was messing around with different ROMs and then my GPS stopped working, rebooting my phone, no gps device message etc, I thought I bricked it so I sent it back to Telus and just got the replacement yesterday. I tested the phone with stock rom and gps worked flawlessly, then I installed MightyRom and as soon QuickGPS connected to internet it broke my phone again I went back to telus rom but it still wouldn't work switched back to MightyRom and copied the xtra.bin to temp folder and \windows folder and that resolved my problem, then went back to quickgps and downloaded new updates and my gps stopped working again, so its gotta something with QuickGPS and or AGPS perhaps.

The only thing that puzzles me is why doesn't it work even after switching back to telus rom, as the telus rom does not have QuickGPS installed.

DoctorM 11-03-2009 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antnate (Post 1272332)
I have the same problem. have a cdma diamond on sprint, Using tomtom navigator 6. and SSK 3.0 final ROM. (winmo 6.5.1, and 6.5 versions).. but stock sprint rom with 6.1 isn't working right either.

problem is, not just with tomtom, I can get a gps lock with sprint nav or google maps after a hard reset.

after I connected, I closed the app, waited 5 minutes, then started it up again.. NO GPS found.

flashed to stock a couple times, reformatted internal storage, added tomtom maps back and ran installer.

not sure what the problem is. has to be something in the 6.5 roms?

Hello mate,

You are describing exactly my problem... I did what you did but no luck. I had to go to Sprint and ordered a new one. Good luck.

Dr. Mike

bonmot 11-03-2009 04:17 PM

Hey guys, GPS is back working now. What are you messing around with?

mdstrasser 11-03-2009 04:39 PM

I'm not so sure that all has been fixed. Mine was working fine for an hour or so this morning once I ran QuickGPS, now I'm having problems again. The GPS isn't working and I can't turn the "Location Setting" to off.

s2jpark 11-03-2009 07:05 PM

Mine also worked for a short time then it started to freeze again. The funny thing is that my wifes phone (touch pro), all stock never had problems and now she has exactly the same issue as me (Energy ROM). She never adds/deletes files or does anything more than check e-mail and use the phone and she never uses Quick GPS.

mswlogo 11-03-2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s2jpark (Post 1295212)
Mine also worked for a short time then it started to freeze again. The funny thing is that my wifes phone (touch pro), all stock never had problems and now she has exactly the same issue as me (Energy ROM). She never adds/deletes files or does anything more than check e-mail and use the phone and she never uses Quick GPS.

QuicKGPS is on by default if you ActiveSync it with usb cable (it may even run if you use ActiveSync OTA) or if you use some apps like Sprint NAV. It also has an option to Sync on a Cellular connection but it's too dumb to make a connection and that option is off by default. You should just all options off and follow the instructions in the previous posts to patch it up again.

You need to Kill the Service to Stop it completely (Probably only needed for folks using Sprint NAV).

Mine is still working but I did not do a Second QuickGPS update today since folks said it's broken again.

I'm sure they will eventually fix it.

Getting a new phone is nonsense. You'll have the problem again if you don't know how to use it.