PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Can I still run a Sprint Diamond on Verizon? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=87726)

erikcave 09-28-2009 03:11 PM

Can I still run a Sprint Diamond on Verizon?

I have been running a Sprint Diamond on Verizon for about a year now, but accidentally killed it in a pool. I am considering getting a new Sprint Diamond but have been looking through these threads and am uncertain if I could still activate it a new one on Verizon today. It seems like the *228 activation rout doesn't work any more. Can anyone give me a difinitive answer if I will be able to get a Sprint Diamond running on Verizon today?

FYI, I don't want the Verizon version because it isn't as good, it is more expensive, and Verizon will force me to subscribe to a data plan.

Erik

MrObvious 09-28-2009 05:56 PM

Re: Can I still run a Sprint Diamond on Verizon?

Nope unless you get a sympathetic agent willing to put their job on the line. Why not just get Sprint anyway? :p

erikcave 09-29-2009 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 1200215)
Nope unless you get a sympathetic agent willing to put their job on the line. Why not just get Sprint anyway? :p

Yea, I have thought about Sprint, but I have a family plan with my mom and she gets terrible Sprint reception in her house. Also, won't Sprint force me to have a data plan also?

MrObvious 09-29-2009 04:17 AM

Sprint will but it is much cheaper. Plus if you inquire about discounts there are some if you work for a certain company or whatnot. For example I live in a big Kroger town and there is a 22% discount so when I switch to Sprint maybe beginning of next year I will do that and try to get that or something.

As far as the Sprint reception, she can buy an Airwave and get better reception.

bikeandestroyx 09-29-2009 04:27 AM

LOL sprint fanboy alert!!!
just playin man.

You can get it activated, call verizon tell them you bought an unbranded CDMA diamond directly from HTC and need to get it activated. They should help you out, if they say they cant, either ask to talk to a higher level tech, or hangup and call back.
I did this with my diamond.

intx 09-29-2009 07:14 AM

Sprint does **NOT** force you to have data with any phone except the Instinct.

MrObvious 09-29-2009 12:11 PM

Yeah but having a data plan just makes sense.

intx 09-29-2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 1201781)
Yeah but having a data plan just makes sense.

Yes, but one of his things seem to be data plan forced/not

erikcave 09-30-2009 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx (Post 1201299)
You can get it activated, call verizon tell them you bought an unbranded CDMA diamond directly from HTC and need to get it activated. They should help you out, if they say they cant, either ask to talk to a higher level tech, or hangup and call back.
I did this with my diamond.

This gives me hope, but it is nice to find out Sprint doesn't require data. I will look into Airwave too, whatever that is.

MrObvious 09-30-2009 02:23 AM

It's a little mini signal booster essentially for the entire house.