PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Is my phone bricked? Wont connect to active sync... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=82229)

jahbless21 09-02-2009 12:57 PM

Is my phone bricked? Wont connect to active sync...

I just got a Sprint HTC Diamond on ebay and I tried to flash to Alltel service. I messed around with it and switched the Sprint ROM to a couple different roms trying to get verizon/alltel to activate this phone. nobody would get the esn to work though so I researched it and i found I had to change my MSL/SPC to 000000. tried to put an original Sprint ROM back onto my HTC Diamond in order to find the original pHEX. 1st i did the unlocker and then the original Sprint ROM...But when trying this it wouldnt load all the way only to 89% and then my phone in the red green and blue screen, said: "Upgrade ROM code error. Please try again" so i unplugged the usb, removed the battery and tried the Sprint Rom again but I didnt unlock it. it once again stopped at 89% and then i unplugged it awhile it said 89% dumbly and now its stuck. it wont reconnect to activesync but its in the Upgrade Rom code error screen. I tried hard reset and its not working it wont even turn off. please dont tell me my phone is a BRICKKKKK

PMDColeslaw 09-02-2009 01:28 PM

Re: Is my phone bricked? Wont connect to active sync...

Quote:

Originally Posted by jahbless21 (Post 1135375)
I just got a Sprint HTC Diamond on ebay and I tried to flash to Alltel service. I messed around with it and switched the Sprint ROM to a couple different roms trying to get verizon/alltel to activate this phone. nobody would get the esn to work though so I researched it and i found I had to change my MSL/SPC to 000000. tried to put an original Sprint ROM back onto my HTC Diamond in order to find the original pHEX. 1st i did the unlocker and then the original Sprint ROM...But when trying this it wouldnt load all the way only to 89% and then my phone in the red green and blue screen, said: "Upgrade ROM code error. Please try again" so i unplugged the usb, removed the battery and tried the Sprint Rom again but I didnt unlock it. it once again stopped at 89% and then i unplugged it awhile it said 89% dumbly and now its stuck. it wont reconnect to activesync but its in the Upgrade Rom code error screen. I tried hard reset and its not working it wont even turn off. please dont tell me my phone is a BRICKKKKK

I wouldnt give up just yet. First of all are you SURE the phone was unlocked when you did it the first time? If so then, try flashing to another ROM. There may be an issue with the sprint rom you're trying to flash. If not SURE then try to run the unlocker again.

MrObvious 09-02-2009 01:46 PM

Go to bootloader if it won't flash.

blantoncg 09-02-2009 04:31 PM

Take your phone hold down the Power, Volume Down, and Back buttons then press reset, and keep the other buttons held down until the screen changes to the bootloader, then try to flash a ROM

jahbless21 09-02-2009 04:59 PM

thats weird my active sync was tellin me that my phone wasnt connected but when i ran the unlocker it connected. thanks alot guys i cant wait to use my new diamond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!jnwer8oqw3roqwer it took me like 48 hours of learning all this phone-talk but im glad i got to know my phone the hard way lol now i can do anything to my diamond thanks again

jahbless21 09-02-2009 08:23 PM

i got alltel can someone help me get my phone onto my service now >> thanks<<

MrObvious 09-03-2009 12:16 PM

Call them up after flashing the shipped ROM and have them activate the ESN.

jahbless21 09-03-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 1137700)
Call them up after flashing the shipped ROM and have them activate the ESN.

they cant accept my esn and i got my spc and its not working in qpst for me. it keeps telling me its the wrong spc what should i do to change my spc to 000000

MrObvious 09-03-2009 03:57 PM

I'm not sure where to look but if they won't activate the ESN they won't activate it.