PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Data indicator icon... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=80354)

Zeddicus 08-20-2009 09:19 PM

Data indicator icon...

I recently built a new ROM with Calku's 23017 kitchen and have noticed when I use data, the icon no longer goes grey when done. It worked in the 23009 kitchen... Is there a reg setting or something I can do to fix this?

Zeddicus 08-22-2009 10:18 AM

Re: Data indicator icon...

Wow, nobody in the house has a clue huh??

wmdunn 08-22-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeddicus (Post 1115810)

It seems to be systemic to all the the newer builds, no matter the rom/kitchen. I think we're destined to just live with it for a while.

Biker1 08-22-2009 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeddicus (Post 1115810)

You can always ask the developer.
I have spoken to developers of other programs and they are always happy to help out.

meatgel 08-22-2009 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeddicus (Post 1113377)
I recently built a new ROM with Calku's 23017 kitchen and have noticed when I use data, the icon no longer goes grey when done. It worked in the 23009 kitchen... Is there a reg setting or something I can do to fix this?

I have that issue, too. So after a lot of fooling around with it, I figured out it was something in the newest kitchen itself. I first thought it was the SYS and moved the 23009 into the new kitchen and I got the same always white arrows, so I moved the 23017 SYS to the older kitchen and moved the newer OEMs that I wanted and now I don't have the problem but I have 23017.

I found that when I built with the new kitchen, the file it made was almost 2MB bigger that when I built with the 7-21 kitchen. I looked through the SYS and stuff, but everything seemed the same. Also, I'm not smart enough to really know the "whys" ... I'm a remove and replace kind of mechanic. :)

Hope this helps.

Zeddicus 08-22-2009 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmdunn (Post 1115917)
It seems to be systemic to all the the newer builds, no matter the rom/kitchen. I think we're destined to just live with it for a while.

Quote:

Originally Posted by meatgel (Post 1116130)
I have that issue, too. So after a lot of fooling around with it, I figured out it was something in the newest kitchen itself. I first thought it was the SYS and moved the 23009 into the new kitchen and I got the same always white arrows, so I moved the 23017 SYS to the older kitchen and moved the newer OEMs that I wanted and now I don't have the problem but I have 23017.

I found that when I built with the new kitchen, the file it made was almost 2MB bigger that when I built with the 7-21 kitchen. I looked through the SYS and stuff, but everything seemed the same. Also, I'm not smart enough to really know the "whys" ... I'm a remove and replace kind of mechanic. :)

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the responses! Yea it does seems to be the newer kitchens, prolly happened in the latest port and prolly would be extremely difficult to track down. Just had an almost perfect ROM and was going for perfection...lol Might have to play around with 23009 and 23017 to see what I come up with...
Thanks again!