PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Htc Touch Diamond And Pro Taken Off The Shelves (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=76565)

savage25rcracer 07-27-2009 01:28 PM

Htc Touch Diamond And Pro Taken Off The Shelves

I was just in my local sprint store paying my bill and i noticed that the diamond and pro were not on display. So i talked to the manager,he reported that they were out of production since the beginning of June and are no longer offered in store and only online until the small supply are depleted.(acting dumb) I asked why and he answered "For the new ones". he told me that the diamond 2 was supposed to be released next week but was called back to HTC for hardware and software changes.(OOOOOO!!!!! I like the way that sounds) and the PRO 2 would not be too much longer "no time/frame but he did not sound as if it was a week or two.So im waiting for more info.

Please post what you think and if they are gone out of the store near you.

xconwayx 07-27-2009 01:36 PM

Re: Htc Touch Diamond And Pro Taken Off The Shelves

Well, I just swapped my diamond for a touch pro. I am stuck with them for awhile. I am glad to hear that they are trying to push for the new phones though. I am sad to hear that the touch pro 2 will have almost identical hardware (minus the screen) as the touch pro.

MrObvious 07-27-2009 02:35 PM

Well they kept the same CPU and amount of RAM so the device is gonna be the same on the inside. The differences are the bigger and more resolute screens, a 3.5mm jack on the Pro2 (I think), and a bigger stock sized battery. Oh and they threw in TouchFLO2 (whoopie, not!).

Biker1 07-27-2009 02:50 PM

I knew the EOL was July 25.
I like my Diamond.
If something were to happen to it regarding a defect,etc. I assume they will probably have plenty of refurbished Diamonds available as replacements.
I am not sure if I would purchase the Diamond2 when it is available.
I would have to see it.

savage25rcracer 07-27-2009 02:57 PM

Yeah it does suck that not much was changed in the pro 2, but i think the reason might be because that phone is geared more toward business users
and i also was told that it will be a duel mode phone GSM/CDMA

darren.wlsn1 07-27-2009 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savage25rcracer (Post 1062903)
Yeah it does suck that not much was changed in the pro 2, but i think the reason might be because that phone is geared more toward business users
and i also was told that it will be a duel mode phone GSM/CDMA

tp2 geared twards business users, no kidding. yes the tp2 does have 3.5 jack and i herd its on the bottom? not sure why but atleast its there.

O'Neil Mitchell 07-27-2009 03:11 PM

Sounds like good new for my brothers and sisters to the south. It's too bad, it seems like Telus will only be getting the Pro2.

Genjinaro 07-27-2009 03:15 PM

I can confirm for some stores in Philly that the 2 are gone from the shelves and the Snap is the only HTC present, I gotta check 17th/Market street though as that is the primary Sprint store downtown.

Anyone else from Philly thats downtown could check for me lol?

P.S. why don't these phones never get a $59-99 deal at EOL? :(

savage25rcracer 07-27-2009 03:22 PM

i know the reg touch/vogue did in January on sprint and last week the xv6900(touch/vogue) verizon was $49 and now $9.99

TREmp77 07-27-2009 03:36 PM

They are off the shelves here to in Central Cali, been like that for about a month. The Palm Pre took their shelf.

They didnt have any the store and didnt have any info on exactly when the new ones are coming. All they said was Diamond2 was first then Pro2 would be about a month after that.