PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Freezes during overnight charging (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75427)

Fixup 07-20-2009 04:59 PM

Freezes during overnight charging

I usually charge my phone before I go to sleep but often find the phone is dead in the morning. Anybody else is having this problem?

My Diamond is Sprint, has been flashed to different versions of radio and MightyRom, all have this problem.

a_medina626 07-20-2009 05:06 PM

Re: Freezes during overnight charging

You sure it's not just a bad charger? I had this problem with my car charger, instead of charging it would drain the battery. It had been running good when I first bought it but after a few months it went bad, I don't know why. Bought a new one (different brand) and problem was solved.

Fixup 07-20-2009 05:15 PM

I tried different chargers including the HTC one that came with my Diamond.

a_medina626 07-20-2009 05:30 PM

Have you tried any of the battery tweak cabs out there to see if they may help?

savage25rcracer 07-21-2009 01:54 AM

how long have you had it...... i had this issue when i first got mine back in Oct. it did it for about 2 1\2 weeks and it stopped i do not know what fixed it or if it just fixed its self. i have not had any problem since, but what i do and recommend doing is soft resetting it before leaving it charge all night(i started doing this because i noticed it would get hot if i would charge it with any program open or data connected, thought it could contribute to freezing and discharging at night) try this and report back.

p.s. its always good to soft reset at least once a day with and phone to clear any memory leaks, which cause lagging and unnecessary battery loss.

OrBy 07-21-2009 09:42 AM

I had this issue with the Telus 1.04.05V radio installed. I swapped to another one (Alltel 1.03.13F) and have not had the issue since. YMMV.

Konfuzion 07-21-2009 12:11 PM

Start / Setting / Today / Items
Then uncheck today timeout problem solved.

violent31601 07-21-2009 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savage25rcracer (Post 1048673)
how long have you had it...... i had this issue when i first got mine back in Oct. it did it for about 2 1\2 weeks and it stopped i do not know what fixed it or if it just fixed its self. i have not had any problem since, but what i do and recommend doing is soft resetting it before leaving it charge all night(i started doing this because i noticed it would get hot if i would charge it with any program open or data connected, thought it could contribute to freezing and discharging at night) try this and report back.

p.s. its always good to soft reset at least once a day with and phone to clear any memory leaks, which cause lagging and unnecessary battery loss.

Same here, I agree with all this!

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrBy (Post 1048990)
I had this issue with the Telus 1.04.05V radio installed. I swapped to another one (Alltel 1.03.13F) and have not had the issue since. YMMV.

was the overly large text Ness?

Fixup 07-21-2009 03:05 PM

Thank you all for all the suggestions. I'm going to try the Alltel 1.03.13F.

This problem has been there for several months now . It's a Sprint phone and I use it on Verizon .

Konfuzion 07-22-2009 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fixup (Post 1049826)
Thank you all for all the suggestions. I'm going to try the Alltel 1.03.13F.

This problem has been there for several months now . It's a Sprint phone and I use it on Verizon .

The radio has nothing to do with the phone locking up, it will however affect your reception and which radio is best varies from area to area. The fix I suggested worked for me and everyone else that has had this issue lol.