PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   bluetooth issues sprint diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72992)

dalastone 06-26-2009 09:47 PM

bluetooth issues sprint diamond

I am hoping someone might know if this issue is fixable...my diamond has the latest sprint/htc rom. my bluetooth seems to be crashing. now i cannot turn on bluetooth. if i go to settings, communications, turn on bt, it will not start (no icons in the taskbar). now when i soft reset, under the settings, the bluetooth is on, but still no icons. none of my headsets will work. if i try to "add new headset" it'll keep searching, then spit out the error, "error: there is a problem with the bluetooth hardware" ive trid hard reseting, no luck. i remeoved the battery then turned the phone on, and the icon was back, it connected fine and played a little music then stiopped, icons were still in the taskbar. i first noticed something was wrong because my battery wouldn't even last a day, appartenlty the bluetooth is still running just with no icons and will not connect at all. sorry for the long post, but i wondering if this indeed sounds like a hardwar issue or a rom issue?

boggsie 06-26-2009 11:06 PM

Re: bluetooth issues sprint diamond

An interesting issue you've run into.

I suggest that you re-flash the sprint update from the HTC web site. This will ensure that the entire package is re-installed. What I am wondering if perhaps the radio update didn't take or has somehow gotten corrupted. A long shot, but worth a try to re-flash.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, then you're looking at a hardware issue of some type.

Best regards,
-boggsie

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalastone (Post 999768)
I am hoping someone might know if this issue is fixable...my diamond has the latest sprint/htc rom. my bluetooth seems to be crashing. now i cannot turn on bluetooth. if i go to settings, communications, turn on bt, it will not start (no icons in the taskbar). now when i soft reset, under the settings, the bluetooth is on, but still no icons. none of my headsets will work. if i try to "add new headset" it'll keep searching, then spit out the error, "error: there is a problem with the bluetooth hardware" ive trid hard reseting, no luck. i remeoved the battery then turned the phone on, and the icon was back, it connected fine and played a little music then stiopped, icons were still in the taskbar. i first noticed something was wrong because my battery wouldn't even last a day, appartenlty the bluetooth is still running just with no icons and will not connect at all. sorry for the long post, but i wondering if this indeed sounds like a hardwar issue or a rom issue?

dalastone 06-27-2009 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boggsie (Post 999918)
An interesting issue you've run into.

I suggest that you re-flash the sprint update from the HTC web site. This will ensure that the entire package is re-installed. What I am wondering if perhaps the radio update didn't take or has somehow gotten corrupted. A long shot, but worth a try to re-flash.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, then you're looking at a hardware issue of some type.

Best regards,
-boggsie

THANKS for that idea! the re-flash worked! i didn't even think to try that! i can now turn it on/off, and it connects just fine! thank again!

dalastone 06-27-2009 01:56 AM

well, guess it is looking like it may be something else...bluetooht quit working again. tried to start it back up in settings, nothing. then after a soft reset, still no icons, but it is "on" in settings, yet, no icons, nothing connects. when try to "add a headset" it errors out with " problem with bluetooth hardware"....guess it is a hardware failure afterall :-(

Negrito 06-29-2009 11:04 AM

sounds like time for TEP replacement....