PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Email Received Time Incorrect After ROM Update (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69790)

litchj 05-26-2009 01:23 PM

Email Received Time Incorrect After ROM Update

It seems that after I updated my HTC Touch Diamond with the latest ROM update (Version 2.00.651.7), the recevied time is incorrect on every email (Verizon POP Mail account). What happens is: I hit the [Send/Receive] button on my PPC. The current time is displayed on each email, even if it actually hits my ISP's mail server on a prior day. So, I end up with a list of emails all with the same Receive Time, which is always wrong.
Has anyone experienced this issue? I have checked all settings on the phone and there is nothing related to this. I have also tried getting my email on a friend's phone and it works correctly. I also load my email on my laptop via Outlook and the received time comes in correctly on it.

smiznith 05-26-2009 01:39 PM

Re: Email Received Time Incorrect After ROM Update

Quote:

Originally Posted by litchj (Post 936270)
It seems that after I updated my HTC Touch Diamond with the latest ROM update (Version 2.00.651.7), the recevied time is incorrect on every email (Verizon POP Mail account). What happens is: I hit the [Send/Receive] button on my PPC. The current time is displayed on each email, even if it actually hits my ISP's mail server on a prior day. So, I end up with a list of emails all with the same Receive Time, which is always wrong.
Has anyone experienced this issue? I have checked all settings on the phone and there is nothing related to this. I have also tried getting my email on a friend's phone and it works correctly. I also load my email on my laptop via Outlook and the received time comes in correctly on it.

try doing a hard reset (clear storage) and try again. I had that similar prob. and it was solved with a reset

litchj 05-26-2009 01:49 PM

Thanks for your reply. I have cleared the storage and reloaded the HTC ROM 3 times now. But, I have not cleared the 4 GB volume I am not sure if that is causing the problem. Of course, if you have any other ideas, I would love to hear them. Thanks again.

MrObvious 05-26-2009 05:07 PM

Clearing Internal Storage couldn't hurt. But you may just need to delete \Internal Storage\Inbox folder or whatever it is.

litchj 05-27-2009 03:17 PM

I figured if I tried one of these customized ROM's, that might solve my problem. So, I loaded the Mighty ROM. I cleared both main storage and the 4GB internal storage before flashing. It is very cool, but my email issue is still there!!! I don't get it. Apparently, the issue is not with the phone. Verizon tells me that they are sending the correct date and I tend to believe them, as outlook on my laptop shows the correct received time. Does anyone have any ideas? I am getting desperate to fix this.