PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: If you are experience problems with flashing a 6.5 rom, who is your carrier?
Alltel 10 14.49%
Sprint 31 44.93%
Telus 17 24.64%
Other carrier 11 15.94%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2009, 11:37 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 6.5 flashing problems, potential fix and Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by technosinner View Post
Guys, I'm at a loss......

I'm new here and to ROM flashing, but I'm no computer noob and I just CAN'T for the life of me get 6.5 to work on my Diamond.

I got the instructions to a T, I made sure I got fairly reputable ROMs that were not Carrier specific other than mine (Telus) and over all, the flashig process works fine. But any and all 6.5 ROMs crashed at one point or another, usually really quickly after the customization - if that far - and then I get the boot screen hang thingy.

I flashed back to stock, worked fine. Flashed Mighty's 6.1, worked fine. But whether it's Mighty's, Juicy or Calkulin's 6.5, monumental crash. What am I doing wrong??? I've followed all the tips I could find here, and it still crashes

I'm beyond my capacities I guess......
Flash shipped not stock.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:52 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile
Threadstarter

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
I flash quite often (except this past week), but I haven't had any problems like you guys have. I don't flash stock, hard reset or none of that fancy stuff. The only problem I have is when I leave that \internal storage\DIAMIMG.nbh in place then I try to flash from vista. But that's my own fault.

Hi everyone, my name is don and I'm a flash-a-holic, and all I do is flash what I want on my device and never, never had any problems. Other than that I'll pass...
I agree in most cases you don't need to do all this flashing to shipped/clearing storage process, but I also think it really has to do with how close the rom is to the shipped release. For example, I have never needed to flash shipped before moving from one RSTG to another RSTG release, but if I tried to do the same thing with others, there would be problems. Like tf errors, soft resets becoming hard resets, etc. Can't explain it but could it be that you keep your rom close to stock. Just wondering? thanks.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:53 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattemer View Post
I would think this poll's results could be a bit misleading, as there may be more sprint users out there compared to Alltel and Telus. Just taking a guess though. Could be pretty interesting results nonetheless. Never had any real issues on Sprint, but interesting poll either way!
Good Point. funny thing is I noticed a lot more Telus users having problems in the 6.5 threads but you're right, it's going to be misleading.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

technosinner is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Flash shipped not stock.
That's actually what I did, I just misunderstood the difference I actually got the upgrade ROM direct from HTC for Telus, so I'm 100% sure this is what whould be on my phone OOB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Good Point. funny thing is I noticed a lot more Telus users having problems in the 6.5 threads but you're right, it's going to be misleading.
That's a bit why I chose to respond; I was really under the impression that Telus seemed much more problematic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by j7jman View Post
may i suggest groove roms.. they work great.. and also some instructions say to flash back to the stock sprint rom.. probably to prevent problems with new ones..
You know what, it worked!!! Thanks! I'm happy again
EDIT: I spoke too fast I guess... It crashed on me after about 3 hours of use, now I can't get past the screen alignment (but I didn't flash or hard reset...?). I'm giving up, I'm going to go back to shipped rom and that's that

Last edited by technosinner; 05-23-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:32 PM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

no problems here on sprint but i think thats the case for most people here
Old 05-24-2009, 12:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Telass

akdmks is a n00b

i've tried your methods already riley as u posted that info in the thread thanks for giving me your advice but telass sux0rs, im gonna try see if i can flash from 6.5 to another 6.5 if that works but im really getting fed up with reflashing every 10 min and re trying getting the same outcome
Old 05-24-2009, 01:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdmks View Post
i've tried your methods already riley as u posted that info in the thread thanks for giving me your advice but telass sux0rs, im gonna try see if i can flash from 6.5 to another 6.5 if that works but im really getting fed up with reflashing every 10 min and re trying getting the same outcome
Try flashing your shipped rom first, then Mighty's
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38999

The go one to a 6.5 rom. That was finally worked for me, I took me a lot of tries as well. A F**king piss of it is, good luck

Last edited by O'Neil Mitchell; 05-25-2009 at 08:26 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

technosinner is just getting started

I was going to say the same thing; I flashed Mighty's ROM5 and it's been working fine since! (Yeah I know I said I'd give up, but I was just upset :P )
Old 05-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
Try flashing your shipped rom first, the Mighty's
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38999

The go one to a 6.5 rom. That was finally worked for me, I took me a lot of tries as well. A F**king piss of it is, good luck
Sounds like Mitchell has the fix. Especially for you guys that are having no luck flashing to 6.5. this seems to be the only way right now.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:22 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Im thinking that this issue might have to do with ported xips in general and or the payload that their inserted into.
I just keep the ship nbh file in internal storage, and flash to that every few builds. I never go past the first tap here

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond