PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   IS the Diamond better than the Touch (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68597)

tornadog 05-14-2009 05:09 PM

IS the Diamond better than the Touch

Been using the Touch for the last 15 months and have come to fall in love with this phone thanks to all the custom roms out there. Now am getting a diamond as TEP replacement for the damaged touch. Should I use the Diamond or sell ti on Ebay and get a used Touch for cheap?

nxtech3 05-14-2009 05:12 PM

Re: IS the Diamond better than the Touch

all depends on what you are comfortable with. I would do a phone comparison on phonescoop.com to see specific differences. I personally would take the Diamond over the Touch. i sometimes miss the expandable storage slot, and internal memory is by far better on the original touch, but IMO, i would definitely use the Diamond.

piscesjoey 05-14-2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nxtech3 (Post 915347)
all depends on what you are comfortable with. I would do a phone comparison on phonescoop.com to see specific differences. I personally would take the Diamond over the Touch. i sometimes miss the expandable storage slot, and internal memory is by far better on the original touch, but IMO, i would definitely use the Diamond.

+1 with the Touch Diamond, but I no doubt loved my Touch to death and still miss it sometimes, but I'm happy with my Diamond.

MoonZ*BabysH 05-14-2009 07:14 PM

i like the form of the Touch and the functionality of the diamond.

scrosler 05-14-2009 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonzbabysh (Post 915633)
i like the form of the Touch and the functionality of the diamond.

Same feelings here!

The Touch and Diamond are my two favorite phones. Teh touch was by far my favorite but when I got the Dimaond and compared screens... that was the end of comparison.

Biker1 05-14-2009 07:41 PM

At the end of the day, the Diamond is the device to have handsdown :)A while back, I was in need of a new device but the Diamond was not going to be available for 3 months. I was going to get the Touch and posted a similar question on a couple of Forums to the one you are posting now. The question being was it worth waiting for the Diamond 3 months or should I purchase the Touch which was available immediately?The overwhelming answer was that I should wait and I would not be disappointed. Well, I exhibited self control and avoided the impulse to buy the Touch right away and I was not disappointed :)The user interface is worth waiting for as well as the Touch Screen in addition to other things. You will not be disappointed with the Diamond either. Its just that you are used to the Touch but you will quickly get used to the Diamond and I am sure you will enjoy it :)

tornadog 05-15-2009 12:53 PM

I have my 150 rebate for a new phone, wont I be better off waiting for a newer Touch with the money I make from the Diamond. Cause I hear the Diamond still has its limitations.

ou2mame 05-15-2009 01:35 PM

the limitations are storage card. do you need more than 4 gigs? do you need removable memory? that limitation may not be a limitation unless you actually need to remove the memory.

copper rs 05-15-2009 07:01 PM

I had a touch for about a5 months and loved it so much more than the mogul. I too received a diamond as a TEP replacement. While the touch was a great phone, the Diamond is better in every way. Things look better, run smoother, things generally seem to work better and text is sized so that you can click it easier. Getting a custom rom on it will make it even better.

Keep the diamond, you'll like it.

floppydrivez 05-15-2009 08:56 PM

I never had a touch, but I have fallen in love with my diamond. I came from a bb 8330 and the only thing I miss the qwerty keyboard I could touch with my fingers. (Owned the diamond almost a week) and I find it a hard transition when texting.