PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Complete and Full backup/ image of my device (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=66735)

proplayer44 04-28-2009 02:11 PM

Complete and Full backup/ image of my device

Is there a backup app available where you can make an image of your entire device (like a PC) where if it crashes or changes or you need to swap out your device you can reimage it back to the specific date you made the backup? Does this make sense? Does Pimbackup do that?

darren.wlsn1 04-28-2009 02:18 PM

Re: Complete and Full backup/ image of my device

you want a picture of what ppc looks like now for when you get new ppc? or you want all apps from one ppc to the new ppc? im missing somehing i think.

shaun0207 04-28-2009 02:24 PM

Spb Back Up 2.0 Does That For Lack Of A Better Word. It Makes An Image Of The System That Can Be Used To Restore Everything In Case Of A Problem Or Onto A New Device.

orionsbuckle 04-28-2009 02:33 PM

i 2nd that motion!!! SPB 2.0 is wonderful. aside fomr just making an entire copy of your exact phone. you can reload just PIM info Or email or whatever you want. you can select specific information you want to restore...check it out its worth it.

shaun0207 04-28-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orionsbuckle (Post 882456)
i 2nd that motion!!! SPB 2.0 is wonderful. aside fomr just making an entire copy of your exact phone. you can reload just PIM info Or email or whatever you want. you can select specific information you want to restore...check it out its worth it.

Exactly

nico4k 04-28-2009 03:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this is what you need. ti does exactly what you as for and it can be scheduled...this came from the GSM Diamond from HTC, so it is full version. Does the same as SPB 2.0 Enjoy!

Macs53 04-28-2009 03:28 PM

Thank you so much for this backup cab it is exactly what I have been looking for. Thanks again

eenieMINI 04-28-2009 03:46 PM

Also, to make your full backup be sure to check the box to include the storage card (since with the diamonds we don't remove storage and we install most apps to the card). I do this about 1x a month with spb.. and back up other changes weekly.

violent31601 04-28-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nico4k (Post 882553)
this is what you need. ti does exactly what you as for and it can be scheduled...this came from the GSM Diamond from HTC, so it is full version. Does the same as SPB 2.0 Enjoy!

thanks, I was looking for a cheaper alternative to SPB. Does this work well with Rom upgrades like SPD did?

nico4k 04-28-2009 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by violent31601 (Post 882704)
thanks, I was looking for a cheaper alternative to SPB. Does this work well with Rom upgrades like SPD did?

This version is not completed designed for this feature, but i have done it a few times in the past (i think it suggest that you shouldn't do it) and it worked, but that might not be the case with every rom. I suggest, test it first and see.

proplayer44 04-29-2009 02:45 PM

This is awesome. Thanks

violent31601 05-08-2009 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nico4k (Post 883309)
This version is not completed designed for this feature, but i have done it a few times in the past (i think it suggest that you shouldn't do it) and it worked, but that might not be the case with every rom. I suggest, test it first and see.

I just wanted to update this by saying this works GREAT for rom upgrades (atleast within the same Rom), I went from Mighty 4.8 to Reborn with no problems.

They have a mode for rom upgrade, you just have to make sure its set to 1