PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Notifications failing to sound after awhile...? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=66726)

exi 04-28-2009 12:40 PM

Notifications failing to sound after awhile...?

This is something I've experienced in three ROMs here -- Calkulin's (which I love), Mighty's (which I also enjoy), and Groove's -- so I'm not sure what the story is.

I've noticed that, after being left on vibrate or silent for all notifications for awhile, I'm unable to turn up the volume. I mean, I can turn it up via the rocker switch for volume, but incoming text messages don't actually make a sound.

Unsure if phone calls do.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

b4u2 04-28-2009 01:43 PM

Re: Notifications failing to sound after awhile...?

I have noticed same thing. generally the notification sounds stop after a while. I do a soft reset & they start to work again. in a call the rocker will not adjust the volume I have to use the screen.

Plutonium0587 04-28-2009 05:26 PM

I am having the same problem. I am using MightyRom 4.8. Especially after texting a lot in a short time, the sound or vibration, whichever it is on, just stops. The phone will not ring either. Soft reset fixes it. I have no clue what is going on with it.

Hayabusa1300cc 04-28-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plutonium0587 (Post 882850)
I am having the same problem. I am using MightyRom 4.8. Especially after texting a lot in a short time, the sound or vibration, whichever it is on, just stops. The phone will not ring either. Soft reset fixes it. I have no clue what is going on with it.

this is so true. i leave my sound of full. and txt notifications either do nothing, or vibrate.
it really is a pain sometimes

exi 04-28-2009 11:49 PM

Any thoughts on the cause? I've experienced it on various other ROMs, so I don't think it's isolated to Mighty alone.

Weirdest (and frustrating) thing...

anythingbutmine 04-29-2009 10:37 AM

Some people had speculated it was related to the htc volume controller. I had some success with the ringer problem by ditching htc's volume app and switching back to the default windows mobile one for a few weeks but yesterday it went silent again despite that.

Others have suggested using WAV files for your tones. I haven't tried that yet.

deanwoof 04-29-2009 08:12 PM

my calls aren't ringing. everything else is going fine. i have no custom ring tones set, just the ones that the developers put on. odd indeed. and now my diamond just likes to freeze and when i do a soft reset, the phone just.. dies

MrObvious 04-30-2009 02:00 AM

Which ROM are you guys all on again?

exi 05-01-2009 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 885947)
Which ROM are you guys all on again?

Calkulin, Mighty, and Groove all seem to be doing it.

MrObvious 05-01-2009 02:25 PM

:\ Yeah I think there is a huge bug in the base. :(

TREmp77 05-02-2009 02:06 AM

I posted this thought in Mighty's thread, but I wonder if the Opera notification bug is rearing its ugly head again. Last summer when 9.5 beta was released it disabled all sounds. 15954 might have issues (calc and Mighty both use it). I think groove is 613 though so I dont know, just a thought.

exi 05-02-2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREmp77 (Post 890543)
I posted this thought in Mighty's thread, but I wonder if the Opera notification bug is rearing its ugly head again. Last summer when 9.5 beta was released it disabled all sounds. 15954 might have issues (calc and Mighty both use it). I think groove is 613 though so I dont know, just a thought.

I remember that. Will try and see if it happens without Opera ever being started...

Plutonium0587 05-14-2009 08:00 PM

Has anyone come up with anything for this yet? I flashed the MightyRom Reborn and it is still doing it. Sometimes during calls it only vibrates instead of ringing, sometimes it does nothing. When I go to sound settings sometimes it randomly changes the ringtone to beeps. I have no idea why it does this. I then go back and make a new MP3 ringtone, go set it as the ringtone, and it works again. Lets see how long it takes to mess up.

MrObvious 05-15-2009 12:44 AM

There's been a lot in the MR ROM thread about this. Try either A) deleting all your ringtones in \Windows\Rings, B) using a .wav ringtone, or C) leaving it on vibrate.