PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   I have Rhodium remorse!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=62557)

WarAxe 03-26-2009 08:59 PM

I have Rhodium remorse!!

After installing Rhodium (by CABs) along with every optional enhancement I could... I have to say that I regret it.

I miss the BG4all.
I miss several of the tabs being sized and spaced correctly.
I miss having my town's weather, rather than the closest "big" city.

XBMod and the folks at xda are doing a great job... don't get me wrong. I just forget how mature the HD Manilla is that I've been used to using.

start > settings > system > clear storage

redd214 03-26-2009 09:04 PM

Re: I have Rhodium remorse!!

1 Attachment(s)
lol i have all those things, bg4all, custom citiis etc. give it time man, heres bg4all for ya. also having it cooked in , makes a huge difference, i suggest flashing a rom that already has it

ill 03-26-2009 09:07 PM

what did you do to get custom cities?

WarAxe 03-26-2009 09:10 PM

Thanks!

Yeah, I'd love for grooveROM to have it cooked in, but groove isn't quite there yet (almost once)... but I love his 6.5 - 21198 so I can't resist it. Any other 6.5's with Rhodium are still early in their versions...

I guess here is where we insert a big NO WHINING sign and an asterisk that reminds folks *you can't have it all.

redd214 03-26-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ill (Post 802396)

the rom im on right now had it included, i would direct u guys there but i have a touch pro so im not sure how compatible the whole thing would be on a diamon

Tenny 03-26-2009 09:18 PM

I'm going to have to agree to a degree.

The menu / notification enhancement is sweet, but TF3D 2 needs a few bugs fixed before I move to it. It's much slower, bringing my phone to a crawl it feels. Overall it's made great progress, just not quiet there yet.

In a few weeks I am sure it will be great!

intx 03-26-2009 09:40 PM

If you guys are having regrets about Rhodium, I highly suggest you check out my ROM.

My ROM has BG4ALL, with basically no bugs. I can help you get your custom city setup too, if you'd like.

And @ Tenny: Rhodium is BLAZINNGGGGG fast on my ROM, it's much faster than HD was for me, actually. Probably because I have 90+ storage memory free off a fresh flash.

egriffin 03-26-2009 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ill (Post 802396)

Does Weather database editor work with Rhodium?

WarAxe 03-26-2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by egriffin (Post 802455)
Does Weather database editor work with Rhodium?

I was going to ask that same thing.

intx 03-26-2009 09:55 PM

No, you have to edit a certain manila file. It only takes a few seconds though.

Tenny 03-26-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intx (Post 802447)
If you guys are having regrets about Rhodium, I highly suggest you check out my ROM.

My ROM has BG4ALL, with basically no bugs. I can help you get your custom city setup too, if you'd like.

And @ Tenny: Rhodium is BLAZINNGGGGG fast on my ROM, it's much faster than HD was for me, actually. Probably because I have 90+ storage memory free off a fresh flash.

Yeah well Rhodium wasn't cooked into my rom, I just installed it over manilla HD. I'm waiting for Calcu's 21042 kitchen, and will cook it into there, but if I am not pleased, I will be going back to manilla HD.

By far the most annoying aspect for me is the time and how it doesn't seem to keep Daylight savings time.

intx 03-26-2009 10:10 PM

Read the first post in my thread, it links to two fixes within it for DST.

Rhodium not being cooked in is why it's slow. You can't complain it's slow when you're leaving it with like 20 mb worth of storage memory..

chino331 03-26-2009 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intx (Post 802479)
No, you have to edit a certain manila file. It only takes a few seconds though.

Which manila file? and how do you edit it?

redd214 03-26-2009 10:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
try this cab for the time issue, worked perfectly for me

intx 03-26-2009 10:13 PM

@Redd: The DST fix doesn't seem to hold through for long.

The manila file you need to edit is 2330fc3c_manila using a program called SQLLite.

You need to add or edit a row and add your city. There is a custom link you need to add in the registry too, but it escapes me atm. I'll look it up when I get a chance.

chino331 03-26-2009 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intx (Post 802527)
The manila file you need to edit is 2330fc3c_manila using a program called SQLLite.

You need to add or edit a row and add your city. There is a custom link you need to add in the registry too, but it escapes me atm. I'll look it up when I get a chance.

ah. the ROM that you're uploading now - is that going to have a custom weather database? I'm terrible at editing crap and my city are one of the ones not listed... go figure lol

redd214 03-26-2009 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intx (Post 802527)
@Redd: The DST fix doesn't seem to hold through for long.

forgot about that one, i edited that in the oem before i built the rom, thanx for the reminder

intx 03-26-2009 10:30 PM

Sadly, it does not. I've been looking into getting it included for 1.2 though.

Sorry!

WarAxe 03-26-2009 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intx (Post 802574)
Sadly, it does not. I've been looking into getting it included for 1.2 though.

Sorry!

Do you know yet when your 1.1 is coming out?

intx 03-26-2009 10:34 PM

It's uploading right now Waraxe. 15 KB/s, so about 1 hour and a few mins.

redd214 03-26-2009 10:39 PM

damn i cant wait till vzw finally puts out the diamond, i can get it for my fiancee as a gift :twisted:

u guys are putting out some phenominal roms over here

intx 03-26-2009 10:49 PM

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=99

^^ Weather fix right here :)

CozBoogie 03-27-2009 01:42 PM

Moved to the general Diamond Forum.

late,
Coz

WarAxe 03-27-2009 02:14 PM

I STILL have Rhodium remorse. Even when it "generally" works it's still beta and isn't as mature as other manilla versions. I think most of the screwy-ness is just plain caused by the WVGA... which is understandable.