PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Plz help, stylus problem (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58271)

Mumblez2k9 02-18-2009 07:52 PM

Plz help, stylus problem

Hi I swear im usually good at figuring things out but this site is a safe bet I trust you more than me lol. Second time the magnet got loose and now stylus wont suck in. Any procedure I can do to reinstall or reglue this bad mamma jamma? Or even a site with a tutorial? Thank in advance :violent2:

Riley 02-18-2009 07:57 PM

Re: Plz help, stylus problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mumblez2k9 (Post 721566)
Hi I swear im usually good at figuring things out but this site is a safe bet I trust you more than me lol. Second time the magnet got loose and now stylus wont suck in. Any procedure I can do to reinstall or reglue this bad mamma jamma? Or even a site with a tutorial? Thank in advance :violent2:

I'd superglue the bad boy back on. also if you go to the phone store and tell them what happened, I bet they will just give you one. be nice and good things will happen. I had a battery issue and they gave me a new battery plus another cover and stylus for nothing.

Mumblez2k9 02-18-2009 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rileyd5 (Post 721574)
I'd superglue the bad boy back on. also if you go to the phone store and tell them what happened, I bet they will just give you one. be nice and good things will happen. I had a battery issue and they gave me a new battery plus another cover and stylus for nothing.

Is it easy to open the phone up and find out where the magnet originally was? Will try going to store tomorrow but itll be good to know how to do it :) I am with alltel so I dont know how their stores are.

Riley 02-18-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mumblez2k9 (Post 721580)
Is it easy to open the phone up and find out where the magnet originally was? Will try going to store tomorrow but itll be good to know how to do it :) I am with alltel so I dont know how their stores are.

cool. I am not sure but someone will chime in on taking apart the phone. personally that would be too much risk for me. like i said, they might just give you a new one since they have them laying around. or maybe I just caught someone on a good day!:)

lawmangrant 02-18-2009 10:09 PM

I say return the phone and ask for it to be fixed or ask for a new phone.

Konfuzion 02-18-2009 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rileyd5 (Post 721584)
cool. I am not sure but someone will chime in on taking apart the phone. personally that would be too much risk for me. like i said, they might just give you a new one since they have them laying around. or maybe I just caught someone on a good day!:)

Your missing the point, the stylus isnt broken the phone is. I have the same problem with one of my diamonds.

infection0 02-19-2009 12:51 PM

That's strange, because the stylus itself is the magnetic one.