PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   SMS time stamp on incoming messages (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=53246)

bottad 01-14-2009 09:56 PM

SMS time stamp on incoming messages

Greetings to all!

I'm having a problem with the time stamp on incoming text messages. They are all showing as arriving (or being sent?) 5 hours ahead, the same as GMT actually since I'm in EST -5 hrs.

I've looked around to see if there are fixes for this and the only one that seemed to work for most others was the registry tweak to add "TrustTimeZoneField" with value 0. Sadly this did nothing for me.

Any other Bell users out there have this problem or found a fix?

I'm using Juicy 4.4 ROM.

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks.

Aaron

O'Neil Mitchell 01-16-2009 05:35 AM

Re: SMS time stamp on incoming messages

Quote:

Originally Posted by bottad (Post 640823)
Greetings to all!

I'm having a problem with the time stamp on incoming text messages. They are all showing as arriving (or being sent?) 5 hours ahead, the same as GMT actually since I'm in EST -5 hrs.

I've looked around to see if there are fixes for this and the only one that seemed to work for most others was the registry tweak to add "TrustTimeZoneField" with value 0. Sadly this did nothing for me.

Any other Bell users out there have this problem or found a fix?

I'm using Juicy 4.4 ROM.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.

Aaron

I'm not with Bell, but i'm running also running 4.4. I would have just tried a hard reset, that will probable fix it

mixxy 01-16-2009 05:39 AM

no way to fix it..all custom roms have this issue. just wish it was fixed. if only someone fixed it.

O'Neil Mitchell 01-16-2009 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mixxy (Post 644220)
no way to fix it..all custom roms have this issue. just wish it was fixed. if only someone fixed it.

I wouldn't go that far; and say a ROMs experience this issue. I like I said in the previous post, I have never experience that problem

mixxy 01-16-2009 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell (Post 644240)
I wouldn't go that far; and say a ROMs experience this issue. I like I said in the previous post, I have never experience that problem

ive tried EVERY custom rom out on this forum to try and fix the issue, and no cigar. I was posting from my diamond before so i didnt wanna write much, but from what i know is that bell has a different system in place for their time stamps. if u revert back to the stock rom, the issue is gone.

However, any other custom rom has the same issue. Mike, calcu, juicy. I tried figuring out the problem by decompiling the original rom, but honestly im no where NEAR knowledgable enough to know, and dont have enough time to learn right now.

So i really hope some great mind out there fixed this for us bell users, because right now i just see the stamp and take 5 hrs away in my head to figure out thr time stamp

littlerichie29 01-16-2009 08:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You could try this file to fix the time stamp issue, although it is for the MTS network in Manitoba... Can always be uninstalled...

mixxy 01-17-2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlerichie29 (Post 644286)
You could try this file to fix the time stamp issue, although it is for the MTS network in Manitoba... Can always be uninstalled...

any confirmation this works?

littlerichie29 01-17-2009 06:46 PM

It works for MTS in Manitoba. Like i said, try it, it can always be uninstalled...

bottad 01-18-2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

This did the trick for me. Thanks a lot littlerich!

ikiris 06-18-2009 01:40 PM

Quote:

This definetly worked right away! thanks so much