PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Success with Ebay Battery 2 for $12.xx shipped (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52968)

p2k 02-20-2009 07:33 PM

Re: Success with Ebay Battery 2 for $12.xx shipped

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drybonz (Post 725881)
I'm a little sketchy about buying cheap batteries after seeing the video of the guy who got killed because he was using a cheap Chinese battery in his phone and it exploded in his shirt pocket.

<My opinion>
How many aftermarket batteries do you think are sold around the world... And every single time I read a thread about these batteries someone brings up the story about the guy in china and the exploding battery...

I think you have a higher chance of dying because...
1) Talking on the phone while walking and falling into the street.
2) Talking on the phone while driving...
3) Getting hit by someone talking on the phone while driving.

I hear about more people getting hit by lightning than people dying from exploding batteries. Maybe we should all stop going outside.

No1ustad 02-20-2009 09:17 PM

i don't think many of the ppl on ppcgeeks go outside much as it is anyways. :-P

but yea... i feel better about HTC batteries as well...

tacke 02-20-2009 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drybonz (Post 725881)
I'm a little sketchy about buying cheap batteries after seeing the video of the guy who got killed because he was using a cheap Chinese battery in his phone and it exploded in his shirt pocket.

No, that guy was found out later to got killed by a home made gun, not the battery

Drybonz 02-20-2009 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tacke (Post 726837)
No, that guy was found out later to got killed by a home made gun, not the battery

Actually, I just heard it was a home made gun powered by a Chinese battery, fired by an assassin, hired by the OEM battery manufacturers union to make the Chinese knock-off battery guys look bad.

slypher 02-21-2009 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drybonz (Post 727009)
Actually, I just heard it was a home made gun powered by a Chinese battery, fired by an assassin, hired by the OEM battery manufacturers union to make the Chinese knock-off battery guys look bad.

ROFL

This thread is hilarious, remind me not to put my phone in my shirt pocket. Or my front pocket for that matter :violent2: <---------Homemade Vasectomy!

-s

No1ustad 02-21-2009 05:43 PM

ouch....

Journeyjeans 03-12-2009 08:49 PM

Just wanted to say I bit the bullet and bought a couple of batteries from the seller mentioned in this thread, ordered last Friday around 5pm, got here Tuesday via Airmail. Confirmed knockoffs (just like everything on ebay from China).

So far so good, and so thankful I don't have to lug around a HUGE battery back for the Ginormous Long Life batteries I'm sure you guys have seen pictures of.

These batteries are so small and compact, I forget they are in my pocket! (I only carry 1 with me) Friggin Awesome!

ecco 03-13-2009 09:48 AM

I ordered a cradle with a battery that looked oem from the picture. We'll see when it arrives.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slypher (Post 727695)
ROFL

This thread is hilarious, remind me not to put my phone in my shirt pocket. Or my front pocket for that matter :violent2: <---------Homemade Vasectomy!

-s

I don't know about you, but my front pants pocket is on the outside of my leg. :mrgreen:

caleb02 06-17-2009 07:15 AM

i use the mugen power batteries and the sedio batteris. Currently i have a touch diamond and am using the mugen power battery 3000 mha battery. It is about 1/4" thicker then stock thus needing a new battery door. I dont like the new battery door for this battery as it does not have an outer plastic lens for the camera. It seems no after market does not even normal sized ones......