PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   !! Call history & calender REMOVED from home screen!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51833)

jmorton10 01-06-2009 08:48 AM

Re: !! Call history & calender REMOVED from home screen!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 621154)
Did uninstalling the cab replace your clock correctly or is it still messed up? I just got my Diamond the way I like it (for the next 2-3 days, lol!) and don't want to have to mess with manila trying to fix my clock...

No, removing it did not fix the problem.

I had to reinstall TF3D (no big deal, I was thinking of going to a different theme anyway) but I must have messed with it for three hours last night (& restarted it 30 times etc etc) to get it back to where I was happy with it..........

~John

jmorton10 01-06-2009 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 621158)

I had to reinstall TF3D (no big deal, I was thinking of going to a different theme anyway) but I must have messed with it for three hours last night (& restarted it 30 times etc etc) to get it back to where I was happy with it..........

~John

To add to this. When I installed the cab, it did do what it says but it also removed the background image for the clock digits so it left just the numbers all alone in the middle of the screen & all the flipping animation etc was gone. It didn't really look too good that way & I was thinking of uninstalling it anyway. Then, the time changed & I noticed that behind the last clock digit, part of another number was showing up behind it.

At that point, I uninstalled the cab but that just made things worse. At that point, the original ugly Sprint clock showed up (that was not the clock I had before) but it was all messed up & garbled.

~John

violent31601 01-06-2009 01:56 PM

this would be great, if it didn't ruin the transparent part of my clock

eenieMINI 01-06-2009 01:59 PM

Try reinstalling your clock see what the outcome is.

jmorton10 01-06-2009 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by violent31601 (Post 621620)
this would be great, if it didn't ruin the transparent part of my clock

That is pretty much the same problem I had (mine wasn't transparent, but it's the exact same problem) & reinstalling the clock did not fix the problem (although it may for some setups)

~John

violent31601 01-06-2009 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 621643)
That is pretty much the same problem I had (mine wasn't transparent, but it's the exact same problem) & reinstalling the clock did not fix the problem (although it may for some setups)

~John

same results, I tried a bunch of different combos and got the same results on everything

jmorton10 01-06-2009 02:19 PM

Yea, I would definitely not install this cab without making a current backup of the system first. I do this before installing anything new & I lost track years ago of how many times that bailed me out of a jam.........

~John

kayge 01-16-2009 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 621158)

~John

This can totally messed up my clock. It won't uninstall and I just want to get rid of it all together (should have read this thread, but I got the cab over at xda.)

Question: How did you reinstall TF3D? I think that's what I'll have to do to fix this (or hard reset which I would like to avoid).

Thanks.

jmorton10 01-16-2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayge (Post 645514)
This cab totally messed up my clock. .

Yea, mine too.

I installed one of these themes & that fixed it:

MANILLA THEMES

~John

iRonMan360 01-16-2009 07:32 PM

I just read this, was going to try it out but don't want to mess up my clock, so no!