PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Jawbone II not working (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51435)

Craziekeiichi 01-01-2009 11:40 PM

Jawbone II not working

I recently purchased a Jawbone II for the Diamond and it seems the phone does not like it!
I can hear the notifications through the bluetooth when I make or receive a call but nothing comes out when the other person talks or when I talk. Anyone have any idea how to remedy this? I've gone through just about all the settings on the phone and bluetooth with no luck... ](*,)

Also, the phone reboots every 5 minutes with the bluetooth lol. Did some research and found something about changing a registry setting but I did not understand a word of it!

Thanks in advance!

-Dave

kentthorne 01-01-2009 11:45 PM

Re: Jawbone II not working

i use a j.b II with a diamond and it works great. try soft resetting it, deleting and re-pairing the headset. and if needed a hard reset.

Craziekeiichi 01-01-2009 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kentthorne (Post 612832)
i use a j.b II with a diamond and it works great. try soft resetting it, deleting and re-pairing the headset. and if needed a hard reset.

Aye i'll give that a shot. I guess I should have started with the basic stuff first :drunken:

Also i'm running Conflippers Alltel ROM, don't know if that makes a difference?

kellybrf 01-02-2009 12:00 AM

ive not tried his rom, but have used my jb2 with the diamond on several custom roms as well as stock. mostly with juicy roms ive run into issues launching voice command from the headset, but never had audio issues

Mizono 01-02-2009 03:54 PM

Im using a Jawbone II on stock Sprint ROM with zero issues. But yea start with the basics and report back on what happened. good luck

Craziekeiichi 01-02-2009 06:15 PM

the phone wont hard reset :-( I've tried a good 10 times and it just does a soft reset. hmm...

tomemail 01-02-2009 11:39 PM

I had the Jawbone II for about a week and gave up. Don't know what I was doing wrong either, but I bought the BlueAnt xT9 right after and have found it to be a great piece of equipment.

The voice dial works great with it as well.

Gotta say the Jawbone felt bulky and awkward too, so I guess in the end it worked out.

stevedog1 01-02-2009 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craziekeiichi (Post 614181)
the phone wont hard reset :-( I've tried a good 10 times and it just does a soft reset. hmm...

Please explain exactly what you are doing? Are you sure your doing it right?

Im also using JB 2 with no issues.

eenieMINI 01-02-2009 11:58 PM

1. For the fit/feel.. get some jabra ear gels ... perfect! I use my jabra without a hook and the jabra gels hold it in perfect and I have princess ears..very sensitive :) Also found a pink face on ebay to swap out the black.

2. Re-pairing often helps.

3. If you hard reset you know you're completely erasing your phone back to the day you got it so if you have anything special you want saved you best back up the good stuff first.

4. Easiest way to hard reset. Turn OFF phone... take out battery if you have to, then put it back.. NOW do not turn on phone. Instead first hold volume down button on side of phone, then press the center circle button (enter) THEN press power (Holding all 3 pressed).. if you press power first it powers on and you get aggravated and have to start again. Anyway then the screen asks you if you want to reset and if you do you press the volume up key ( you can let go of the buttons when you see the screen asking if you want to reset).