PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   International Text Msg (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=50914)

trakas 01-01-2009 12:20 AM

Re: International Text Msg

I am using pushmail program seven.When reinstaling after flash she makes int text,and if i push check for updates-she does the same.Phone not showing nothing only sprint bill does.Its just an example...
Another axample-my daughter was texting her scool friend a few days ago,and he was in Mexico for the hollidays...It was regular us phone #...So phone # can be not international...

dcperdue 01-01-2009 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JQuill (Post 605922)
You could also be a victim of ESN cloning and someone is using your ESN to send out texts on another phone. Long shot, but make sure you check your bill and when you call they can tell you exactly what time they were sent and to what number, even if you haven't gotten your bill yet. I've never had any experience as a victim or participant in ESN cloning, but somebody can take the ESN off your phone and assign it to another device by hacking it, and both phones can allegedly be used at the same time, so even if you're using your phone as normal and it's powered on and in use, they can still send texts from another phone using your ESN.

ROFL dude with the current technology its impossible to clone and have 2 phones attached to the same tower or different towers. As soon as sprint sees 2 phones with the same esn they will black list that esn on all their towers. And withen an hour most of other providers towers would have black listed it. Its nothing like the old analog days. Thats definately not the problem. I suspect he is running some program thats sending the messages. I downloaded a vpn utility and it was sending messages to some phone in the UK which was the developer who wrote it. Sprint will tell you if it was a received or sent message. They do not however log the dates and times of txt messages unless its an sms/picture message which used the data connection.

[sammich] 01-01-2009 02:10 AM

Wasn't Skyfire doing this a while ago with usage data?

Anyway, is that a typo? Or are you seriously getting charged $20 ea for 14 messages? If they cannot provide you with the information on who they were sent to, you should only write your bill for however much it is WITHOUT the international charges and pay them. Fight the rest with your CC company, bank, etc.

dcperdue 01-01-2009 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saumaun (Post 611440)
Wasn't Skyfire doing this a while ago with usage data?

Anyway, is that a typo? Or are you seriously getting charged $20 ea for 14 messages? If they cannot provide you with the information on who they were sent to, you should only write your bill for however much it is WITHOUT the international charges and pay them. Fight the rest with your CC company, bank, etc.

its 20 cents per txt message internationaly.

[sammich] 01-01-2009 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcperdue (Post 611443)
its 20 cents per txt message internationaly.

PHEW! I knew it was a typo. To be honest, $.20 for an international text isn't bad... Isn't that what VZW charges now for texting above your limit/without a plan?

jshell73 01-06-2009 11:30 AM

I also had this charge on my bill. It's only one text for 20 cents but I'd like to stop it before it starts becoming a really big amount. I emailed Sprint Cust Service. Haven't heard anything back and I doubt I will.

jshell73 01-06-2009 01:26 PM

wow Sprint customer service already emailed me and credited me $.23 for the text. I'm sure they saw it was for $.23 and were like "yeah whatever" but they did take it off my bill and alotted number of texts.

[sammich] 01-07-2009 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jshell73 (Post 621558)
wow Sprint customer service already emailed me and credited me $.23 for the text. I'm sure they saw it was for $.23 and were like "yeah whatever" but they did take it off my bill and alotted number of texts.

Hah! That's great! At least they aren't being greedy about it

rocknyc 01-08-2009 05:33 PM

oh my gosh...i just got my new bill and had the exact same charges for 31 international text messages. i just noticed i have another charge on my current billing cycle. i'm worried that i'll end up with 1000 int'l text messages by the end of this billing cycle. i called and chatted with CSR. no help whatsoever. here is the chat i had with the CSR

3:45:00 PM Customer

Last month, i was charged for 31 international text messages and i noticed I have another international text message that went out this new billing cycle
3:45:15 PM Customer
I have never made any outgoing text messages to anybody out of this country
3:50:54 PM Camille B
Please allow a few moments to review the account.
3:53:36 PM Camille B
After thoroughly researching the account, I see that these text were sent and the charges are valid Simon.
3:54:03 PM Customer
i'm telling you i never made any outgoing texts to anybody outside of the US.
3:54:19 PM Customer
i do not even know how to text to somebody outside of this country.
3:54:47 PM Customer
somebody needs to turn off international text messaging on my account because i keep getting charged for something i'm not doing
3:55:21 PM Customer
i wouldn't be wasting my time chatting with you if i made the texts
3:55:48 PM Camille B
I see that this event happened 31 times Simon, has any one had access to this device besides you?
3:55:49 PM Customer
but the fact is i never made any international texts
3:55:53 PM Customer
nobody
3:55:57 PM Customer
i have my phone with me all the time
3:56:16 PM Customer
i wasn't even aware of the texts until i got my new bill today
3:56:22 PM Customer
which is why i am contacting you
3:56:49 PM Customer
my new billing cycle started 2 days ago and i already see another international text
3:57:23 PM Camille B
One moment please for further research.
4:01:46 PM Camille B
I also see that you spoke to a representative earlier Simon,
4:02:06 PM Camille B
the supervisor stated they would contact you in a hour.
4:02:09 PM Customer
yeah and she told me a supervisor would call me back but nobody called me back
4:02:10 PM Camille B
is this correct?
4:02:15 PM Customer
it's been over an hour
4:02:54 PM Customer
my concern right now is i'm going to be charged for more of these texts that i haven't been sending
4:03:14 PM Customer
i want somebody to turn off international text messaging on my account so i won't be charged anymore
4:05:25 PM Camille B
I am not able to turn it off,
4:05:56 PM Camille B
this can be done from the device without it being on the account as it is $0.20 for texts sent internationally.
4:06:22 PM Customer
i'm not sending these texts from my phone
4:07:02 PM Customer
how many times do i have to say i have not made any outgoing international texts?
4:09:14 PM Camille B
I understand your frustration Simon.
4:09:43 PM Customer
no you don't b/c you're not helping me and a supervisor has not called me back as promised
4:10:09 PM Camille B
However, I am sure you can understand that we can see that the text are being sent from this device and the charges are valid.
4:10:26 PM Customer
i can pay a $6.20 bill for something I didn't do BUT i am still getting charged for messages i'm not sending
4:10:42 PM Customer
what am i going to do if i end up with 10000 international texts at the end of this billing cycle?
4:10:54 PM Customer
are you going to pay for it?
4:11:35 PM Camille B
You will need to seek fraud assistance at that point, or find out who is using your device to send these texts.
4:12:22 PM Customer
nobody is using my phone but me. unless somebody's sneaking into my bedroom at night and sending text messages, there is nobody else using my phone.
4:12:25 PM Customer
can't you understand that?
4:13:46 PM Camille B
I do understand your frustration as I have been sitting where you are Simon.
4:14:37 PM Customer
what can i do if i'm not sending these texts but being charged for them?
4:14:55 PM Customer
tell me what i can do to prevent anymore int'l text message charges from showing up on my account
4:15:02 PM Camille B
Are you receiving them?
4:15:06 PM Customer
should i break my phone?
4:15:38 PM Customer
i don't have a text message log. i can't tell if they are incoming or outgoing
4:15:44 PM Customer
i thought you had that kind of information
4:16:09 PM Customer
i can give you a list of all of the phone numbers that i have sent text messages to. would you like me to list them all?
4:16:47 PM Camille B
I am not able to see if they are outgoing or incoming as you are charged for both, however, if you are not sending them, you may be receiving them.
4:17:37 PM Customer
from who?
4:17:49 PM Customer
you have to have a log of where texts come from and go to
4:18:39 PM Customer
the customer service woman i spoke to earlier said i was sending text messages to england
4:18:55 PM Customer
how did she know that if you don't have a text msg log?
4:19:07 PM Camille B
You are charged for sending and receiving text Simon.
4:19:13 PM Customer
honestly you're not helping me and i NEED to talk to a supervisor
4:19:37 PM Customer
i have an unlimited plan on my account and have never been charged for receiving or sending text messages
4:20:09 PM Camille B
These are international and that is why you are being charged the $0.20.
4:21:04 PM Camille B
I apologize for your frustration, however, if you would like to speak to a Supervisor about this usage Simon, I will be glad to connect you for further assistance Simon.
4:21:34 PM Customer
yes i need to talk to a supervisor since you are not helping me
4:22:04 PM Camille B
I apologize that you feel that I am not helping you.
4:23:25 PM Camille B
I have tried my best to explain where these international text stem from since you stated the initial $6.20 was not the issue, however, since you are stating you have not sent them there is not other explanation I can lend.
4:23:40 PM Customer
look at this forum thread
4:23:44 PM Customer
looks like i'm not the only one
4:23:45 PM Camille B
no*
4:23:45 PM Customer
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=50914
4:23:56 PM Customer
the $6.20 is an issue
4:24:01 PM Customer
oh my gosh...
4:24:06 PM Customer
why are you twisting my words around
4:25:01 PM Camille B
I apologize I misunderstood, "I can pay a $6.20 bill for something I didn't do BUT I am still getting charged for messages I'm not sending".

[sammich] 01-08-2009 08:41 PM

rocknyc, don't try the chat again. Sometimes they can provide help with small issues, but you need a supervisor for this.

You need to ask them to pull your text message log (if they say no, ask why they can't show your your OWN records. If that doesn't work, say your lawyer will give a subpoena for them)

I don't understand why they can continue to charge you for something you are disputing