PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 01:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

simple8888 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
turning off text ringer

hi,

is there a hack or way to turn off the text ringer other than hitting the "END CALL" button? b/c when i am talking on the phone and receive a text, obviously i cannot hit the "END CALL" button. can someone help me?? thanks in advance!
Old 11-03-2008, 07:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff
Re: turning off text ringer

Hit the Home button (top left of the hardware buttons below the screen) when you're in a call. Then u can browse to texts or anything else.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:49 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

eh, that way doesnt work either...it still ends the call.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Almost a VIP

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple8888 View Post
eh, that way doesnt work either...it still ends the call.
I don't mean to be rude, but there's no way that's true. I use it all the time, all winmo phones can multitask ie if you're in a call, you can browse and use other programs. I do it myself frequently, you should try it one more time and I think you'll find that it works.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:41 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I dont want to thread crap but its along the same lines. Is there a better way to silence a call without having to shake it or hit mute ring? Like with my q, i could roll the wheel on the side and it would stop immediately. Thanks.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:49 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
I don't mean to be rude, but there's no way that's true. I use it all the time, all winmo phones can multitask ie if you're in a call, you can browse and use other programs. I do it myself frequently, you should try it one more time and I think you'll find that it works.
no prob...but i think you misunderstood my Q. To reduce repetiveness (ok, im just too lazy to re-write the same Q ), please refer back to my original post.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
I dont want to thread crap but its along the same lines. Is there a better way to silence a call without having to shake it or hit mute ring? Like with my q, i could roll the wheel on the side and it would stop immediately. Thanks.
Flip the phone face down when it rings.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple8888 View Post
no prob...but i think you misunderstood my Q. To reduce repetiveness (ok, im just too lazy to re-write the same Q ), please refer back to my original post.
I understood your question. If you got a text while u were in a call, you could browse to the text messages by clicking on the home button and read the text. This would turn off the text ringer.

OR do this: while in call, click the top notification bar where you see the text icon, this will popup the notification screen. If you click on the envelope, it'll show you the text and you can save it as read, thus silencing the text ringer.

Hope that helps.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:00 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
I understood your question. If you got a text while u were in a call, you could browse to the text messages by clicking on the home button and read the text. This would turn off the text ringer.

OR do this: while in call, click the top notification bar where you see the text icon, this will popup the notification screen. If you click on the envelope, it'll show you the text and you can save it as read, thus silencing the text ringer.

Hope that helps.
ok, i'll give that a try. but i know that when i read my text msg, it doesnt turn off the ringer though.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:11 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Flip the phone face down when it rings.
It kinda takes a moment to silence the ring though. Is there anything quicker? Reason I ask is if lets say.... I put it in my pocket and go into a meeting, it rings, I dont wanna have to take it out of my pocket and turn it upside down.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond