PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Diamond screen won't turn back on (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48914)

izuzu 12-13-2008 12:49 PM

Diamond screen won't turn back on

Just today i did what i normally do when i'm not using the diamond, i turn off the screen by pushing the power button (not holding it to turn it off). Today i did this and when i push it again to bring the screen back up again, it does nothing, stays blank.

I did a soft reset, but than after doing the soft reset i pushed the power button again and the same thing it doesn't wake up.

I really don't want to do a hard reset.

Any help would greatly be appreciated, thanks in advance guys.:)

nuclear 12-13-2008 09:51 PM

Re: Diamond screen won't turn back on

strange, same thing happened to me and i assumed the battery died. plugged it into usb port and tried power button again and it turned on. had 80% battery life when it booted.

Doc1131 12-14-2008 02:37 AM

I dropped my phone from my couch yesterday and now the screen won't come on. so until the replace comes MS voice is my new best friend..... The worst part is i've dropped my phone several times but a 1 foot drop killed it go figure.

izuzu 12-14-2008 03:37 PM

Well it seems like just doing a soft reset didn't do anything. When i just held the power button and turned the phone off, than started it up again it's fine now. Weird i guess, go figure.

robotphood 12-15-2008 05:07 PM

Still working right izuzu? Yesterday my phone start experiencing the same problems. Whenever the screen turns off or if I manually turn it off the screen won't turn back on. I have to pull out the battery and turn it back on. Can't think of anything that would've caused this. The only thing I used my phone for yesterday was internet sharing.

psweitzer 12-15-2008 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuclear (Post 576886)
strange, same thing happened to me and i assumed the battery died. plugged it into usb port and tried power button again and it turned on. had 80% battery life when it booted.

This is exactly what happened to mine last week sometime...
I thought "Wow the battery didn't last long today!" and then I connected it to charge and I think I even popped the battery and reseated it... When the phone booted it had over half the battery.... ?!?!

I don't think its happened again but definitely odd...
Speaking of odd behavior... I grabbed my phone last night and the screen wouldnt come on and it was vibrating non-stop! Now I know for the right person at the right time that may be a good thing ( :twisted: ) but I wanted to use the phone... I ended up popping the battery again just to reboot it....

Some of this stuff I realize is my own fault for playing with ROMs and such so I don't get too bent out of shape over it... :)

cjmedina 12-15-2008 07:56 PM

there was a thread about this at xda developers about a screen issue

verngator 12-16-2008 12:33 PM

Hey all..

I have a Touch, and I'm waiting for a Diamond to arrive...and in the mean time I have been reading this forum.

My Touch used to have this issue, and it was resolved by adjusting Settings ->Today -> Items tab -> uncheck Today timeout box.

Could you folks check out this resolution to see if it helps?

dkotoric 12-16-2008 12:46 PM

What rom are you guys using I'm on Juicy's 4.2 and started having this problem. I have not had this issue with any other Roms.

robotphood 12-17-2008 04:23 AM

verngator, that didn't help my problem at all since it was already turned off. I'm using Juicy 3.9. I tracked down the problem to installing Pandora (cab on the forums) which is when the problem started. It doesn't make sense but after a hard reset the phone has been working properly again for the past 2 days. I might reinstall the app to see if I can duplicate the problem when I have free time. Odd problem that's for sure...