PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Charging issue with new diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47663)

caleb02 12-04-2008 01:31 AM

Charging issue with new diamond

I have a new sprint diamond and love it. I just have one issue and perhaps the next rom update in q1 of 2009 will address it.

At night i plug into the phone the adapter that came with the phone and then plug my pc speakers into them and stream a radio station from www.tuned.mobi wgow while the charger is also pluged into the adapter. The phone says it is charging and verified from the progress bar and then went to sleep. When i wake up 8 hours later the phone is turned off. It seems that once the phone has reached full charge it will not run off the charger provided but rather run off the battery, thus the battery gets drained and shuts off, when it shuts off the phone then charges again. Am i the only one with this issue?

tonight i will use the adapter that came with my sprint regular touch and see if i have the same issue, i will also use my regular mini usb cord pluged into the charger into the adapter. I also did try my mini usb cord with the orginal charger and adapter but that did not change anything.

biggaboo 12-04-2008 01:42 AM

Re: Charging issue with new diamond

this doesn't happen to me as far as i can tell because when i charge it at night, in the morning the dpad lights are all on meaning its fully charged

darren.wlsn1 12-04-2008 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggaboo (Post 558652)
this doesn't happen to me as far as i can tell because when i charge it at night, in the morning the dpad lights are all on meaning its fully charged

are you runninganything while charging? thats whats killing the charge, not just charging the phone.

caleb02 12-04-2008 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 558667)
are you runninganything while charging? thats whats killing the charge, not just charging the phone.

i am only running internet explorer to get to the website to stream wgow radio off of www.tuned.mobi then that pulls up media player. So I am streaming but because the charger is pluged into the phone, it should use zero battery and run only off the charger as it did on my previous regular sprint touch.

darren.wlsn1 12-04-2008 02:12 AM

my question wasnt for you.(op) it was for the post i quoted

gearjunkeez 12-04-2008 02:15 AM

streaming media probably drains your battery faster than your charger can keep up.

darren.wlsn1 12-04-2008 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gearjunkeez (Post 558707)
streaming media probably drains your battery faster than your charger can keep up.

+1 plus the heat sensor is stopping the charge.

ou2mame 12-04-2008 02:59 AM

the discharge rates on these phones are very high. i haven't ran into the problem with my pro yet, but i did with the 3 diamonds i had. a combination of heat and discharge rates killed my phone while charging if it was doing ANYTHING. its ridiculous.

caleb02 12-04-2008 09:56 AM

i tried it with the orginal adapter from the orginal touch and it seems to be working, so it must be the adapter that came with my phone.

jeffokada81 12-04-2008 03:01 PM

Any kind of internet usage such as streaming draws more juice "mah" than the charger provides inturn kills your battery slowly and will eventually ruin your batteries life span.