PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Random Act of Kindness..... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44236)

oAsIz 11-12-2008 12:24 AM

Re: Random Act of Kindness.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcperdue (Post 513043)
You sure you were not just trying to get into her pants?

Wow yeah.. so was that really necessary to say? He was OBVIOUSLY trying to get into her pants.. that is why he slipped the money to the manager and walked out with her never being the wiser. If he really wanted that he would of said something to the girl. There doesn't always have to be an ulterior motive other than being nice. Try it sometime. Nice story flib :headbang:

joel4149 11-12-2008 12:34 AM

Nice, I love this story.

You are the Real Diamond, keep it up.

dcperdue 11-12-2008 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oAsIz (Post 513065)
Wow yeah.. so was that really necessary to say? He was OBVIOUSLY trying to get into her pants.. that is why he slipped the money to the manager and walked out with her never being the wiser. If he really wanted that he would of said something to the girl. There doesn't always have to be an ulterior motive other than being nice. Try it sometime. Nice story flib :headbang:

Thats cool I guess there are some people out there that do things like that. Myself I only would of done it just to get in her pants.

rainfreak 11-12-2008 12:46 AM

My thanks to the OP for posting this story. It is an inspiration to us all, whether we have personally done something like this for someone else, had someone else do something like this for us, or have never been the recipient.

Personally, I look for ways to make this happen on a regular basis. Much like the OP (I assume), I don't do it for myself but to share a moment of peace and love with others. But believe me, the feeling you get when you are able to help someone and they either don't know it or can't stop you, is nothing short of amazing.

Anyone interested in trying this out, here is a very simple way to try it out:

The next time you have a few dollars extra in your pocket and are in the drive-thru of a fast food restaraunt, when you get to the window to pay, offer to pay for the order of the car behind you as well. I have done this numerous times and it is so cool to see the total look of confusion on the face of the person in the window. And the coolest thing is that, by the time the person behind you realizes what you have done, you are gone.

Again, thanks to the OP for sharing a little glimmer of hope in the world that we all live in. People like you are what makes a difference; keep it up!

jthomas8946 11-12-2008 10:26 AM

Yeah, that is a good story!

kndracing 11-12-2008 11:42 AM

Thank you for reminding us all that we need to be a little kinder in this world. Now once I dry the tears from my eyes, I need to get back to work...but with reminder to pass it on today!

Lord Delmar 11-12-2008 12:35 PM

Hehe, the OP posting this reminded me of what I did a few months ago. Completely forgot about it, namely because it just seemed like the right thing to do, but..

Keep in mind, I live in an Army town, meaning there is a base connected to the town I live in.

A few months ago I was in a Sprint store exchanging my wifes' blackberry for a Palm Centro and this lady came in and was trying to buy a 'cheap' phone to be able to talk to her husband in Iraq. Her old one got thrown into the toilet by her little girl and it was her only means of talking to her husband. After eavesdropping on the conversation for a bit (I was waiting for the rep to finish the ESN swap) she said that he had just enlisted and they didn't have alot of money and she could not afford a new phone out of contract and was hoping for just a cheap used phone.

I looked at my wife and smiled, went to my car and got out an old Samsung phone I had kept as our 'dire emergency' phone and brought it in to her. Told her that we did not need it any longer and that being a former military man myself, I figured it was the least I could do.

She stood there and looked at me for like 5 minutes while I finished up and got our things together. Then asked me what I wanted in return. I told her I just wanted her to do the same for someone else when she could and walked out. I dunno, I just figured that since I had the extra phone and she needed it, that I should give it to her. Never once though about it being anything or getting anything in return, just about it being right.

Flibmeister 11-12-2008 02:25 PM

Thanks for the good kudos, folks-- that's not why I posted, but they're nice to hear just the same.

I think one of the most important lessons to take away from this is that kindness is contagious: that store manager didn't have to participate, but he clearly enjoyed doing so!

winmobilelawyer 11-12-2008 05:05 PM

I have an idea... why don't we ask the mods to start a "Random Acts of Kindness" forum section, because human as we are, bragging about and receiving praise for our good deeds would be good motivation to do nice little things for people. and plus it seems like a lot of us like to read about them too!

Mods..?

Wond3r 11-12-2008 05:46 PM

Did you get her phone number? :P