PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   wow, Touchpal costs money? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41057)

violent31601 10-21-2008 11:33 AM

wow, Touchpal costs money?

i didn't know that, do you guys that use touchpal just use the standard version it goes to when time runs up or did you actually buy the full version.

what changed it looks like all it did was go to an uglier skin for the keyboard

kaiguy 10-21-2008 11:34 AM

Re: wow, Touchpal costs money?

Bought it. Great keyboard. Though I must say I have more interface issues with the Diamond than I did with the Touch (inadvertently switching to the QWERTY, mistyping, accidental deletion, etc.)

InvincibleLiving 10-21-2008 12:26 PM

i use the free version... but i'm trying to train myself to use the stock diamond qwerty as much as possible, seems to run smoother for me with less mis-types ect...

Doc1131 10-21-2008 04:21 PM

I use the free verison also. when the demo expires nothing really changes unless you use the mutli-language I haven't had increase error since i switched from the touch

darren.wlsn1 10-21-2008 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nautica2450 (Post 467347)
i use the free version... but i'm trying to train myself to use the stock diamond qwerty as much as possible, seems to run smoother for me with less mis-types ect...

im one of the few that love the stock qwerty keyboard. im amused easily, that being said "qwerty" is my fav. word to type.(all letters in order)

InvincibleLiving 10-21-2008 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 467761)
im one of the few that love the stock qwerty keyboard. im amused easily, that being said "qwerty" is my fav. word to type.(all letters in order)

yeah i'm falling in love with it... just cant figure out the 'add my word' thing with the + (plus) sign... whenever i press the + nothing happens (although i know it will still add new words if you just enter a space after the newly added word.)

ocbizlaw 10-21-2008 09:08 PM

I love the stock compact QWERTY with predictive text. It's way better, IMHO, than the slide keyboard on my PPC 6700 because I don't need two hands.

MobileBiz 10-21-2008 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nautica2450 (Post 467782)
yeah i'm falling in love with it... just cant figure out the 'add my word' thing with the + (plus) sign... whenever i press the + nothing happens (although i know it will still add new words if you just enter a space after the newly added word.)

I don't get the add my word thing either? Can someone explain how it works and if there is a way to edit the added words. I've hit it by mistake a couple of times. Don't know what that did?

InvincibleLiving 10-22-2008 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MobileBiz (Post 468204)
I don't get the add my word thing either? Can someone explain how it works and if there is a way to edit the added words. I've hit it by mistake a couple of times. Don't know what that did?

under your \windows folder there is a file with a blue icon caled eT9MyWords. click it and it will show you your added words. you can edit/modify/add them there...

Certs 10-22-2008 10:54 AM

I use the 'compact' qwerty most of the time and it moves along quickly enough. Just have to always remember to type normal words, shorthand and t9 don't agree :)