PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2008, 03:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

flashburn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What kind of physical defects that you guys have found on Diamond?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0b0ard View Post
Light bleeding around the screen, and a dpad key defect where it would not recognize left and right (that was fixed after I exchanged my Diamond for another one).
Were you getting light bleed on your replacement one? I am convinced every Diamond has this problem (or at least a large number of them).
Old 10-13-2008, 03:18 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

i have a glitch with my stock diamond kb where after i type a word, if it autocompletes the word the cursor will jump back to another place in my sentence instead of adding a space after the word is selected ... very annoying and i have yet to get touchpal 3 to work as an alternative...

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 10-13-2008, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Diamond

hempy is just getting started

My button panel sticks up on the top right corner. I've seen posts on XDA where the covering on them starts to peel up because of this on GSM units... hopefully it doesn't become an issue.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
i have a glitch with my stock diamond kb where after i type a word, if it autocompletes the word the cursor will jump back to another place in my sentence instead of adding a space after the word is selected ... very annoying and i have yet to get touchpal 3 to work as an alternative...
I had the same thing. You can do what most of us did, and just turn of the T9 GARBAGE.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:36 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdikrik View Post
I had the same thing. You can do what most of us did, and just turn of the T9 GARBAGE.
yeah i just hate having to type in the whole word without the help of autocomplete... that sucks...

has anyone got touchpal to work? i installed it, and sip change, but it never shows in the sip selector! can anyone help on this?
Old 10-14-2008, 04:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800

ivtec20 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0b0ard View Post
Light bleeding around the screen, and a dpad key defect where it would not recognize left and right (that was fixed after I exchanged my Diamond for another one).
Who exchanged them? Sprint or Assurion? I have the same issue, but Sprint told me to file a claim with Assurion.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

Procter is becoming a great contributor

Got the diamond and noticed the bleeding out light. Actually it's only on the right side of the screen when you tilt it to right and away from you. I noticed this when I was playing the teeter.

And btw is this a normal thing that everybody gets?
Old 10-15-2008, 11:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Sensitivity weak around edge of screen (mostly on the right).
Gets Hot/Battery Drain
Crappy D-PAD.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2 & BB Tour
Carrier: Sprinter

badboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIP

i feel like the light leakage isn't HTC's fault but SPRINT'S fault... if you take a closer look at the phone the screen and the keypad don't look like the same quality of material was used.... i wonder if the original GSM Diamond with the dual camera has this same problem???? my bet is that it DOES NOT!!!

that is why i will be ordering the original screen cover with the dual camera hole from here.. http://cnn.cn/shop/touch-diamond-digitizer-p-2128.html
I85 Nextel--> LG VX6000--> Moto V710--> Motorola Razr V3c unlocked alltel--> Razr V3c Verizon Red UI--> Motorola e815--> HTC 6700--> Motorola Q--> HTC Mogul--> HTC TOUCH--> Blackberry Pearl--> Blackberry Curve--> Treo 800w--> HTC Touch Diamond--> HTC Touch Pro--> Blackberry TOUR--> HTC Touch Pro 2
Old 10-16-2008, 12:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

Procter is becoming a great contributor

OK, I also noticed that the plastic cover on the screen is not level. The bottom left corner is actually protruding out a bit, if I press it down the light leakage would be better. Do you guys have any diamond with a uniformly installed plastic cover, I mean looking from the side, four edges are at the same level with the metal frame.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond