PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Are any of these apps VGA compatible? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39946)

InvincibleLiving 10-09-2008 03:32 PM

Are any of these apps VGA compatible?

Sorry for the new thread, I'm about to get my diamond in the next few days. I have a list of apps that I live and die by and I havent seen anybody mention if they run into difficulties with these particular apps due to the VGA screen or any other compatibility problems so here's my list...

amAzGPS
Sashimi
Skyfire
SPB backup
cleartemp
Schaps Advanced config (worked on titan, but will it on diamond?)
Quickmenu 2.7
TCPMP

everything else i can live with if they dont work... but these i need to know about... and if any dont run on the diamond can you post any replacements that you use instead?

TIA!

darren.wlsn1 10-09-2008 03:40 PM

Re: Are any of these apps VGA compatible?

no, not one. just kidding, i use amAze. tcmp,yes skyfire personally i cant herd somepeople say yes,skyfire forum says not vga. spb also yes. thats all i use on your list sir.

Mr. X 10-09-2008 03:42 PM

Dude you sig is obnoxiously to big. it makes me not even want to read anything you post.

now. as for skyfire it doesnt to work on vga devices.

the rest i dont know.

tg1.0 10-09-2008 03:45 PM

I used to use a Toshiba e400 Pocket PC with a 240 x 320 screen. Nearly all of the non-VGA aware applications that I used on this device work great on my Diamond.

The OS tells these applications that the screen is 240 x 320 pixels and intercepts their drawing commands appropriately. Furthermore, the text in old programs looks nice and sharp as it is drawn by the OS at the proper size, but using the full screen resolution.

Mr. X 10-09-2008 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tg1.0 (Post 452387)
I used to use a Toshiba e400 Pocket PC with a 240 x 320 screen. Nearly all of the non-VGA aware applications that I used on this device work great on my Diamond.

The OS tells these applications that the screen is 240 x 320 pixels and intercepts their drawing commands appropriately. Furthermore, the text in old programs looks nice and sharp as it is drawn by the OS at the proper size, but using the full screen resolution.

not entirely true, there are many apps i have played with that dont work on vga, and they text is so tiny its unreadable. for example. Gmail App.

rainfreak 10-09-2008 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nautica2450 (Post 452360)
Sorry for the new thread, I'm about to get my diamond in the next few days. I have a list of apps that I live and die by and I havent seen anybody mention if they run into difficulties with these particular apps due to the VGA screen or any other compatibility problems so here's my list...

amAzGPS
Sashimi
Skyfire
SPB backup
cleartemp
Schaps Advanced config (worked on titan, but will it on diamond?)
Quickmenu 2.7
TCPMP

everything else i can live with if they dont work... but these i need to know about... and if any dont run on the diamond can you post any replacements that you use instead?

TIA!

I have used Skyfire just fine but a lot of people say it doesn't work. spb Backup works just fine, or at least version 2.x does. I have Schaps Advanced Config Tool installed and it works great, or at least version 3.2 does.

I don't use any of the others, so I cannot help you with those, sorry.

abovelegit 10-09-2008 04:00 PM

the newest version of skyfire is not compatible but the old versions will work as long as you minimize the keyboard when your done writing, hope this helps a bit.

InvincibleLiving 10-09-2008 04:10 PM

Thanks for the responses guys, i just need a quickmenu user to chime in now...

yeah i know the sig is big, but it's durn funny... i'll be taking it down shortly. lol

Mr. X 10-09-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nautica2450 (Post 452418)
Thanks for the responses guys, i just need a quickmenu user to chime in now...

yeah i know the sig is big, but it's durn funny... i'll be taking it down shortly. lol

resize man LOL

rainfreak 10-09-2008 04:22 PM

Actually I think the sig is great because Obama looks all serious and McCain could care less if Obama takes a crack at him... tough old SOB thinks Obama's funny :)

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT TRYING TO START A POLITICAL DEBATE, THERE ARE PLENTY ENOUGH OF THOSE ON TV. I WAS JUST SAYING THAT WAS THE FIRST THOUGHT THAT STRUCK ME WHEN I SAW THAT PICTURE.